• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to change default print settings

Engaged ,
Jan 29, 2016 Jan 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When printing a document to PDF, the colors were way too dark.

After a lot of trying I have created  new settings and saved that as a new printer-setting or profile (or how it is named).

Now the colors are very close to the original.

I'd like to that that (new) setting as my default  - but keep the old one.

How to set the new profile as default. Each time Acrobat resorts the old and I have to manually select the new one.

Thanks

=

SnagIt-29012016 100648.png

TOPICS
Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 16, 2016 Feb 16, 2016

‌The solution is to change printing preferences. Right click on the Adobe PDF printer in the Printers Control Panel. This is how you change any printing default for any printer.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi adwul62,

Would like to inform you that if its not putting the new setting as default ,seems that issues are with administrative rights.

Regards,

Yatharth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry,

I am afraid I don't understand.

Am just a simple 'end-user'. 

How to solve this?

Thanks

=

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 01, 2016 Feb 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌Default settings for printers need to be done from the Printers Control Panel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Would request you to get the local administrative rights after contacting your IT, so you can check whether issue persist or not.

Regards,

Yatharth 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@yatharth:

Just 1 pc, 1 license, 1 user...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the above settings (screenshots) are not accessible from control panel.. (?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 02, 2016 Feb 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right click, Printing Preferences (or similar).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 16, 2016 Feb 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rightclick on what?

Adobe PDF has 'Standard'

my own settings

C:\Users\userrnamel\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe PDF\Settings

file: standard(2).joboptions

It is not possible for me to change the 'Standard' and override it, i.e. I need to save it to a new file, like standard(2) in this case.

however, by default, when printing, Adobe selects standard instead of MY 'standard'

when accidentally print without first selecting my own settings, the result is a wrongly colored output and I need to print again.

Guess there is no solution of this.

=

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌The solution is to change printing preferences. Right click on the Adobe PDF printer in the Printers Control Panel. This is how you change any printing default for any printer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK you! That seems indeed to be the solution. I was (wrongly) seeking for a solution within Adobe Acrobat . . .

Again, many thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 26, 2016 Aug 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How do I get to "Printers Control Panel?"   I can't find any such thing in Adobe X, and Start > Control Panel > Printers > Adobe PDF Printer doesn't get me to anything that has a setting for "2-sided print OFF"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

If there are permissions issues with the user profile only then such issues persist. Would like to know whether is this Office Computer ?

If yes, please contact to your IT so that they will help you in with local administrative rights .

Regards,

Yatharth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines