• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to create an online fillable form for mobile devices, tablets and smartphones.

Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2013 Nov 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I create "online fillable forms" for Mobile devices, tablets and smarphones?

I already created an "online fillable form" with Adobe Acrobat XI Pro for PCs and MACs but this form can not be filled using mobile devices, it can only be downloaded.

Thanks.

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Different PDF viewers on various devices have different levels of support for PDF forms. Adobe Reader on iOS and Android have limited support, and PDF Expert on iOS has more support for JavaScript. The built-in PDF viewer on iOS has none. No PDF viewer on mobile devices has as much support as Adobe Reader for Win/Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi George,

I gather from your reply that I won't be able to create "online fillable forms" for Mobile devices with Adobe Acrobat XI Pro. Correct? 

If Adobe does not have another software similar to Adobe Acrobat XI Pro, would you please suggest me any other means of creating "online fillable forms" for Mobile devices? 

Would you think that an HTML developed form would be a fair substitute for the PDF fillable forms that I use for PCs and MACs?

Thanks,

Alvaro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, you can create a PDF form using Acrobat that can work on mobile devices, but the user has to use a PDF viewer that supports forms. On iOS with Adobe Reader installed, you have to specifically open the form in Reader, it doesn't happen automatically. An HTML form may be a better option, but it depends on the nature of the form and how it will be used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2020 Sep 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi George,

I too would like to create a fillable online form for clients. Which Adobe do you think would be better suited?

Thanking you in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to make a fillable online form for clients, my recommendation is to completely avoid PDF forms. You will spend too much of your time explaining to your clients how to download apps, send files between them, and deal with them when they are confused about what they are doing. Use HTML forms, like 99.999% of all web sites. They work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@TestScreenName,

Thank you for the information. I am not familiar with HTML forms. Where is the best place to learn about them?

Thanks again, Ann

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, that is not correct. You can create the forms, but the functionality will be different on the mobile device.

One possibility is that you are not opening in Adobe Reader, but in the default PDF viewer for iOS. Adobe Reader cannot replace this default, you must choose to open each file in Adobe Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello George,

I opened my fillable form with Adobe Reader using my IPhone and it just opened very well. Next, I filled some of the editable blank fields with some text to test how it would go.  Then, I saved the flat document and emailed it to my inbox. 

All the process went smothly.

Thank you very much for your advice.

Kind regards,

Alvaro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi George,

I forgot to mention that with both my IPhone and my IPad I can download the fillable form with Adobe Reader but as commented in my previouse reply, this form does not have the possibilty to be filled online by any of these two devices.

Thanks,

Alvaro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alvaro,

I'm trying to do the same thing and when I open my fillable form in Reader on my phone, it is no longer fillable. Only works on a computer. How did you get it to work on a phone?
Thanks,

GP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No PDF viewer on mobile devices has as much support as Adobe Reader for Win/Mac.

This one supports JavaScript calculation: qPDF Notes - Android PDF App to Annotate, Review, Fill Forms, Sign PDF

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 16, 2017 Jan 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a wonderful app available via iPhone or android called "Adobe Fill & Sign DC". If you have this app, you can complete a fillable form on your mobile device.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't support calculation and many JavaScript features

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Is there a way from adobe to fill ONLINE a FILLABLE PDF  shared by someone without downloading it? I saw there's a service that they do it, on subscription...pdffiller... it would be nice if this feature would be integrated in Acrobat subscription...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Acrobat (google play, app store) works great on both android and iOS. You can create the form using pc, and then send it to various recipiants via e-mail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have the person download the adobe acrobat app on their phone then any fillable PDFs that you send them can be completed on their mobile device.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same issue as all of you. However downloading Adobe Acrobat from the Google Play store still does not work for filling out forms on mobile devices. I created the form in Adobe Acrobat Pro on my PC, but when I open the file on my mobile device the form's fillable information is not activated (doesn't work). 

Note: There was not an Adobe Acrobat application on Google Play Store, only Adobe Acrobat Reader App.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines