Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

How to cut and/or paste a selected area

New Here ,
Feb 20, 2020 Feb 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, I use the cursor to drag out a box and it turns blue:  

1)  How do I "cut" the selection?  

2)  I can "copy" the selection (or "copy with formatting") but how do I paste it elsewhere on same doc?

Yes these are the most basic of all possible commands.  No I am not 89 years old.  Yes I am an idiot.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs, General troubleshooting, How to, Scan documents and OCR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 21, 2020 Feb 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're not an idiot, you just don't understand (as many others) that Acrobat is NOT an editor in the same way that Word is, for example. PDF files were never meant to be edited in such an extensive way. You can try and do it using the Edit Text & Images tool, but you should expect a lot of issues in doing so. The real way of doing it is to go back to the original file format used to create the PDF file, edit it and then generate a new PDF file from it.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 21, 2020 Feb 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there,

Would you mind sharing the exact tool/method used to for text selection? Its quite simple to do in few simple steps-

1- The very important thing to keep in mind is, the document you are working on, does it allow copying the content?

2- Use select tool to select the content you want to copy.

3- Right click and copy

Here is a help article for an older version of Acrobat Reader https://helpx.adobe.com/in/reader/11/using/copy-content-pdfs.html but its steps implies on both Acrobat and Reader DC

Kindly check the workflow and see what was missed.

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

after you've selected and copied and the image is on your clipboard, then open the Edit PDF tool bar and click the Edit icon on the tool bar, then right click on the page and click Paste

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines