Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to disable the blue pop-ups boxes?

Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2023 May 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2023-05-18 at 19.57.39.png

I am working with Adobe Acrobat Reader, Version 2023.001.20177, under MacOS Ventura 13.3.1 (a), using many spaces in parallel. As I want to open PDFs in the current space I am working in right now, I always create new Reader processes, using the “-n” flag of the “open” utility on the command line. This makes sure that the document isn't opened on some random tab in another space. The Reader gets frequently confused by this and presents me with these blue pop-ups which even cannot always be easily clicked away when they are distorted (see screenshot). If not distorted, the pop-up notice is titled “Reopen closed PDFs” and reads as follows: ”Acrobat Reader closed abruptly. You can restore the PDFs you had open.” and offers then the choices ”No, thanks” and “Restore”. It would be really helpful for my workflow if this could be disabled. I've tried to adjust the preferences (like ticking off ”Show me messages when I launch Adobe Acrobat Reader” etc) but to no avail. Thanks in advance for any help.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 22, 2023 May 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @afborchert 

Thank you for reaching out. We're sorry to hear about your experience. You are referring to a message/warning when Acrobat has closed abruptly in between your work. 

Change the following preferences setting to disable such messages:

Navigate to Adobe Acrobat> click on Acrobat Reader at upper left corner>Preferences>General> uncheck "Show me messages when I launch Acrobat Reader" and "Don't show me messages while viewing a document">OK> close and open app for a better experience. 

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2023 May 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for taking the time to respond. However, the preferences had been updated long ago in exactly the way you suggest. This unfortunately does not disable this blue pop-up notice. And this is not a problem of an abrupt close, this is just a case where multiple Adobe Reader processes are running in parallel. Apparently, the fact that other Adobe reader processes are still operating gets misdiagnosed as an abrupt close.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 16, 2023 Jun 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @afborchert 

Acrobat and Reader official update 23.003.20201 is now available. This update will be automatically pushed to all existing installations of Acrobat and Reader. If you want, you may also manually trigger the update early by opening the application and going to Help > Check for Updates>reboot Acrobat.

More information about this release is here: Release Notes | Adobe Acrobat, Reader

Let us know if you continue to experience the same issue even after updating the application.

~Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 16, 2023 Jun 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

[MOVED TO THE ACROBAT READER DISCUSSIONS]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines