• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to edit the toolbar??

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2022 Nov 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just downloaded the new acrobat pro and the toolbar is practically non-existent. On the top toolbar, I see "edit" "convert" "sign" and "more", but that's it. On older versions of acrobat, I saw a plethora of other things, such as email, print, scaling page, buttons for naviating the document up/down a page, etc.. Where are all of these easy to access commands. This is ridiculous. I DO see some of these on a side bar, but how can I modify the top bar to include these features? Thanks for any help!

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 17, 2022 Nov 17, 2022

Based on the fact there there is no right+click contextual menu at the top toolbar, there doesn't appear to be a way to be a way to modify it as there was in previous versions. Since this is the first major update to Acrobat in about a decade (just speaking in terms of user interface), I'd like to think that that more functionality (as far as customizing the toolsets) will be added in the future. But who knows? I could be wrong.

This reorganization of Acrobat appears to finally be addressing a

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Based on the fact there there is no right+click contextual menu at the top toolbar, there doesn't appear to be a way to be a way to modify it as there was in previous versions. Since this is the first major update to Acrobat in about a decade (just speaking in terms of user interface), I'd like to think that that more functionality (as far as customizing the toolsets) will be added in the future. But who knows? I could be wrong.

This reorganization of Acrobat appears to finally be addressing a lot of the complaints that Acrobat users were complaining about back when Acrobat DC was initially introduced. I was a very slow adopter of Acrobat DC and wrote about that here. If you like the old version of Acrobat, I'd reccomend to just keeping using it for as long as it is able to be supported on your machine. There are still a number of functions that I need to do that Acrobat just can't do, so for that reason, I always keep more multiple PDF editing/commenting programs open and running all day long.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with your findings. I was able to revert back to the old look - which gives me the toolbar I wanted. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2023 Aug 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you revert back to the old look?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 20, 2023 Aug 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @bradley williamy21995387 

We believe you are on Modern Viewer. To know more about the Modern viewer, please refer to this article: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/new-acrobat-experience.html 

To disable the Modern Viewer click on the Menu>Disable New Acrobat

This will switch back to the classic view.

Thanks,
Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does you see at the top of the window?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 01, 2023 Sep 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having exactly the same problem, and the response given as the "correct answer" seems to be "you can't do it any more". This is unbelievable - so Adobe has removed the ability to search, navigate, and view PDF documents?? I'm paying for Creative Cloud, and it just seems incredible that the "new" version of Acrobat does not allow you to do any basic functions at all. The official response here is "This reorganization of Acrobat appears to finally be addressing a lot of the complaints that Acrobat users were complaining about" - no, you don't address complaints by removing the ability to do what people are asking for!

This is the toolbar that I used to have, to be able to zoom in and out, and view whole page. Now all I can do is "Edit", "Convert" and "Sign" a PDF document, but not view it other than at page level.

ChrisLeicester_0-1693608847688.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines