• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to enable new Acrobat after it returned back to the old Acrobat.

Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2023 Jun 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Adobe updated early 2023. I preferred it so I did not select to "Disable New Acrobat". This past week, I traded my computer for a laptop and docking station. Among other updates/changes when I amde the switch, my adobe reverted back to the old version. There is no more updates availiable and I have restarted my computer multiple times. Is there a way to have it return to the new, updated version I had months prior. 

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hope this helps.

mariahweyne_0-1686950153585.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you but the new one has already been disabled. I was trying to go back to the new one if that makes sense. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2023 Jun 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I don't havethe option to Enable New Acrobat under the View tab, unfortunately, but I appreciate the resources. It was a step in the right direction. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2023 Oct 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having same issue no enable new acrobat in view tab 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Oct 13, 2023 Oct 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't have this?

mariahweyne_1-1697220571879.png

If you really want the New Experience you need to install Acrobat 64 bits.Download Adobe Acrobat Pro or Standard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 13, 2023 Oct 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new Acrobat UI does not get enabled on every computer at the same time. I had 3 computers who each one did show the new UI at a different time.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2023 Oct 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only way to fix this matter is uninstall and reinstall the current vesion. I had the same issue and did this to solve your issue you're having. You think a company as big as Adobe would address this bug. Very simple you should be able to toggle back and forth between old and new Acrobat platforms without a new install. But this bug I had happened on numerous machines being we have over 100 users with Acrobat and had a few of this same situation happen on  pc's. Open your ears Adobe fix the issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2024 Jan 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to re-enable the New Acrobat UI by deleting the Acrobat DC registry key in my HKCU. Be aware that this will reset all of your preferences, if you had set anything custom. Acrobat will re-create the reg key at next launch, and it will be using the new interface. 

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat\DC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2024 Jun 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First - go to Programs and chosse Adobe - then choose MODIFY.  Finish the installation, after which you will be able to see the option "Switch to new Adobe" in the View tab.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2024 Jun 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I was able to re-enable the new experiebce with the VIEW>ENABLE NEW ACROBAT option just now. Perfect!. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2024 Jul 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had a similar issue with a user. I followed everything here and nothing fixed it. The Chrome download setting of "Always open in system viewer" was NOT enabled. I enabled then disables it and it worked. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2024 Jul 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry, wrong thread 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines