• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to group text boxes within Acrobat Pro DC

New Here ,
Jun 27, 2020 Jun 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't edit my PDF within other software as it completely changes the document once converted so I can't do this in word or google docs and I was wondering if I could group text boxes together so I could move them around together. I can't seem to find anything on the subject and have been told to group them through the object grouping tool but I'm struggling to find how to do that either.

I'll be very surprised if Adobe doesn't have this incredibly basic feature!

Thanks,

Sam

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 05, 2022 Feb 05, 2022

Yes, you can group comment objects.

This was not the original question.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 27, 2020 Jun 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Sammy,

Unfortunatley that's not in the cards. The boxes represent text units, mostly based on paragraph structures and are a result of low Acrobat lets you do ANY editing. 

Editing in a PDF is a two-edged sword: for a tiny fix here or there it can be a godsend but anytime one trys to work with Acrobat as a formal word processing program they will face frustration to major frustration. 

If you need to do any extensive editing, you really need to go back to the program that created the original document or export the PDF into a text or Word file, recreate the file as you want/need it for any editing (and do not get rid of your new creation incase you need it again.

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2022 Feb 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10: Use <Ctrl> to select multiple objects, then right-click. Group is one of the options in the context menu. If you right-click a selected group, the option will be Ungroup. Once grouped, you can move the objects as a group, but trying to copy only copies the first added object, not all the objects in the group. Copying and pasting a group is also an incredibly basic feature, so makes you wonder if the Adobe programmers ever try to use their own stuff. Edit->Copy is actually greyed out if a group is selected (hinting that it is not allowed by design), but you can use <Ctrl>-C and <Ctrl>-V to copy and paste that first object. Maybe someone can follow up with a tip that will tell us how to copy and paste a selected group. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 04, 2022 Feb 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Group is one of the options in the context menu."

I never seen this option in Acrobat Pro, can you provide a screenshot?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is from Acrobat Pro DC Version 2021.011.20039

Paul22990812qd9f_0-1643983047826.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which tool do you use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat Pro DC Version 2021.011.20039

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 05, 2022 Feb 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I meant which tool in Acrobat: Form tool, Edit tool, Comment tool…?

Since I can't find this item in any contextual menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 05, 2022 Feb 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you can group comment objects.

This was not the original question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2023 Jan 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be an option in version 2022.003.20282.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 06, 2023 Jan 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The option is available when you select comment objects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2023 Feb 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not able to group any objects. I'm using the Edit screen, draging a selection over multiple objects and right clicking, and the group option is not there. Any suggestions? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 24, 2023 Feb 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The option is available when you select comment objects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2023 Mar 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A work-around I found is to use Minion Pro font to avoid multi-line text boxes from breaking into single line text boxes. Times New Roman for some reason forces a multi-line text box to be single lines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2023 Mar 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Never mind. Still having same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines