• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to install Acrobat Pro DC on a different drive?

New Here ,
Feb 09, 2018 Feb 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Cannot install Acrobat Pro DC on C drive (small SSD gobbled up by Windows) and Acrobat wont let me choose drive

When I try to install Acrobat Pro DC it exits with error message - not enough free space.

There is no possibility for me to leave up free space on C.

I would like to choose another location fo Acrobat Pro DC - how can this be done?

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

That response is for Adobe Reader and not Adobe Acrobat.

For Acrobat installation, you can set the base of the install using the preferences in the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application. However, be aware that there will still be considerable content installed on your C: drive in the same way that other applications such as Microsoft Office use that space, typically in the C:\ProgramData and C:\users\ directory structure.

Regrettably, you really might need to consider replacing that small SSD d

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello waligoreczka

As per the description above, you are not able to install Acrobat Pro on C drive and want to change the installation location, Is that correct?

Please refer and try the steps from following KB docs How do I install Acrobat Reader DC on my D drive?  Link: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1994670

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That response is for Adobe Reader and not Adobe Acrobat.

For Acrobat installation, you can set the base of the install using the preferences in the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application. However, be aware that there will still be considerable content installed on your C: drive in the same way that other applications such as Microsoft Office use that space, typically in the C:\ProgramData and C:\users\ directory structure.

Regrettably, you really might need to consider replacing that small SSD drive with something more reasonable, i.e., nothing less that 256GB or 512GB.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well if you install using disc image I have a sure answer otherwise I am not quite sure but when you are prompted to enter product key or choose to continue in trial you will have a button next to the install button that is the customize button in which you can choose which features to install and which not and where they must be installed but you will still need about 650-700 mb's of space free on your c drive if you choose to install all the features and all of them on the secondary drive and that is the only one I tried.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2022 Jan 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is a bs answer.  Adobe, like any other program can have a dialog window to change the default installation drive. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2022 May 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is actually not a bs answer.  for sure you can change the default installation drive. BUT  if you don't install 

lightroom, photoshop, ms one drive, bridge or any other service  (even adobes own creative cloud files)  then Acrobat pro will simply not function plus it eats up my Superpowered CPU and 64GB of ram plus the 24GB on my Geforce RTX3090   

The whole adobe Clan it´s constantly running all those services while you're using the software.

I think Adobe is designed to do exactly that - the more you use their software the more interconnected it becomes.     My experience is that at a sudden point ADOBE apps will not function as designed between drives. if someone has been able to keep lightroom and  two 2TB library files  on a separate drive PLEASE share how 

It´s the same with Microsoft  unless someone has actually manage to set up  OneDrive (6TB) on a separate drive from the operating system and it's been stable for more than 24 hr please PM me 

Hopefully, someone has a solution to all these micro problems   and is willing to share the knowledge 

" Adobe, like any other program- PS  can have a dialog window to change the default installation drive"    In theory yes in  actual reality NO   

When prompted by the designer   the software, of course, all works with the other  software made by the same company          

According to the seller, it will even function between solar systems -   hmm one wonders does the Mars rover use  office365 or PDF  well HGAS I love both?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2022 Jul 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do respectfully disagree. I just don't think it's an answer. If I ask about program X and receive an answer about program Y--that is a non-sequitur (does not follow). Again, I am not trying to be abrasive.

I am just frustrated because everything was working well until I "upgraded" and my whole suite went to trash about 2 weeks ago.

I have the same problem: my NvME Samsung drive doesn't have the room to shove an entire adobe and microsoft cloud on there. The difference between the NVME (SSD) is about 30x (30,000%) faster transfer rate than my obese 2 or 6tb HDD. I don't want to run acrobat 0.00001 seconds faster: I want my operating system running faster. Not encumbered about random fonts on random programs I havent used in months.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2022 Feb 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kacia A williams 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 17, 2022 Jun 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Get in touch with Adobe customer care they'll help you out.
https://helpx.adobe.com/in/contact.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2022 Jul 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is very much not the correct answer. It's an answer--but not the right one. It's a non-sequitur. I too have this question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines