• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to Install Acrobat Reader for Windows 64-Bit?

Explorer ,
Jan 25, 2023 Jan 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I follow the prompts to downlaod a 64-bit version of Acrobat Reader and am presented with a download that suggests it will install a 64-bit version of Acrobat Reader (readerdc64_en_xa_mdr_install) but the installer then installs a 32-bit version (which is clear when you float the pointer over the status bar title).  How do you actually get a 64-bit version to install?

Screenshot_20230125_024832.png

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , How to , Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 25, 2023 Jan 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 26, 2023 Jan 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am trying to install Reader; the linked versions there are for the paid Acrobat product, unfortunately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have existing 32-bit plugins, that will stop installing a 64 bit version that can't work with them. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And... why do you care? Don't believe the myth than 64-bit versions are faster!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm installing onto a clean Windows 11 install, so I don't think it's a plug-in.  My main concern was that the installer is not installing what the web form or installer claimed to be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines