How to Print to PDF with Acrobat on iPad

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I use IOS print from a website On my Mac I have print to PDF button available but on my iPad I can only print to a physical printer on my wifi network. Is it possible to have the same print to PDF option on my iPad. I have a current Acrobat Pro DC subscription.

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

The actual answer is that there is no “print to PDF” capability under either iOS or iPadOS, regardless of any subscription to any Adobe product. Such a capability is operating system-based and not a function of Acrobat.

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That are OS functions. Print as PDF is not handled by Adobe but by Apple on the Mac. Adobe is the inventor of the PDF format, but not all PDF files are created by Adobe products. If the "send to Acrobat" does no work, as it looks like, it's not possible. I'm currently on my iPad, with a feature equivalent subscription. I will update this if I have a solution.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

Thanks for posting the issue here.

iPad uses the mobile app version downloaded from Apple Store; whereas iMac or MacBook uses the desktop version of Acrobat with Pro features.

Please do let us know, if anything else is required from our end.

Regards,

Swapnil Srivastava

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You didn't answer the question.  The person has an I-pad and a paid subscription to Adobe Acrobat.  How do they "print to pdf"?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The actual answer is that there is no “print to PDF” capability under either iOS or iPadOS, regardless of any subscription to any Adobe product. Such a capability is operating system-based and not a function of Acrobat.

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are steps from a 2016 Mac9to5 article which I have updated to work with newer Apple devices that don't support 3D Touch.  The original article can be found here:  https://9to5mac.com/2016/09/18/how-to-print-to-pdf-from-iphone-and-ipad-ios-10/

Print from iOS as a PDF with the “Print to PDF” function that has been present on desktops for years. Want to try it for yourself? Use the steps below…

1. Head to anything that has the option to “Print.” This includes full webpages, images, documents in apps, documents in Safari, and much more.
  2. Tap the “Share” icon to bring up the Share Sheet.
  3. Scroll to the right until you see the “Print” button. Tap it.
  4. Instead of selecting a printer like you normally would, pinch and zoom on the image of the document shown in the document preview.
  5. From this screen, select the “Share” icon again to bring put the Share Sheet.
  6. Now, you can choose from your normal list of services and export the document, webpage, image, or email as a PDF.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brilliant workaround! Works a treat, thanks

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2022 Jul 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im still on hold with adobe support - found this answer in a google search - problems solved!  Thank you!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can see why Adobe support wouldn't know. This helpful tip doesn't use any Adobe app, it's done by Apple. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have an open in Acrobat button simply by pinching the preview. I do not know, however, if that option is also available, if you do not have an Acrobat subscription.

Screenshot 2022-07-10 at 00.05.18.png

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines