Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to remember page after closing

Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2022 Dec 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I'm experiencing a problem with remembering the page numbers in Acrobat Reader. In the settings, I have the option "Restore last view settings when reopening documents" enabled. However, whenever I open my document, it always opens it on the cover page, no matter where I left of earlier. It is really annoying to always have to write down your page number on a post-it before closing the window, to then manually navigate to that page. Is there a solution to this problem? I'm using a MacBook Pro M1. 

Regards

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This might be a file-specific issue. Is the check-box still ticked when you re-open the application? Does it work well with other files (from another source)? Also, instead of a post-it note you can use a sticky comment in the actual file itself. Then just open the Comments panel and click it to go back to the last page you viewed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your tip, it hadn't crossed my mind that it could be specific to a file. Yes, the check-box is still ticked when reopening the app. I tried other files, and there it works fine, so maybe my file is corrupted in some way. Cheers! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I doubt it's corrupt. It might have a script embedded in it that does that, or some other setting that overrides the Preferences in Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines