Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to remove Digital Signature

Explorer ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to remove Digital Signature

I need to remove the digital signature that I created so I can edit the document.  When I right-click on my signature there is no option to clear the signature. 

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Hi!

Hope you are doing well.

If you have forgotten the digital id password, then you can detach the digital id.

Navigate to Edit -> Preferences (Win), or Acrobat -> Preferences (Mac), then select Signatures -> Identities & Trusted Certificates -> More, Click on Digital ID Files, select the one you want to detach, and click Detach File. After that, you can delete the .pfx file.

AnandSri_0-1604493370822.png

AnandSri_1-1604493467168.png

Note:

You can delete only self-signed digital IDs that you created in Acrobat. A digital ID obtained from an

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Hope you are doing well.

If you have forgotten the digital id password, then you can detach the digital id.

Navigate to Edit -> Preferences (Win), or Acrobat -> Preferences (Mac), then select Signatures -> Identities & Trusted Certificates -> More, Click on Digital ID Files, select the one you want to detach, and click Detach File. After that, you can delete the .pfx file.

AnandSri_0-1604493370822.png

AnandSri_1-1604493467168.png

Note:

You can delete only self-signed digital IDs that you created in Acrobat. A digital ID obtained from another provider cannot be deleted.

To know more about the Digital Ids, see this article: Manage Digital IDs

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Anand Sri,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please help! My mac does not show the exact same screen as you and so the options at the top look different. 

Screen Shot 2020-12-23 at 1.39.22 PM.png

 I don't know how to procede from here because I am unable to find the "detach file" option. I tried clicking Remove ID, but that still requires a password to continue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2021 Aug 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have some forms that I've created where I want to prepare them in order for them to be fillable. It all works apart from the automatic Digital ID. How do I remove that? I want to give people the option of Digital ID or to just write their name.

Thanks in advance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2022 Apr 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

Thaks for your help.

But there is nothing for me here to detach.

Marko24091554igpy_0-1650310719582.png

Can you help please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2024 Mar 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac mini 2014, Big Sur 11.7.10, 2024-03-13

This does not work, as there is no Digital ID File to detach.  The "Remove ID" button in "Keychain Digital IDs" does not work, and it interferes with Apple Mail, demanding a signature for every email sent after the one with the with the PDF form where the first Digital ID was used.  

This is an unacceptable interference.  To Adobe: please fix this.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2024 Mar 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well now, this sucks.  I just tried to delete to Trash, then uninstall Adobe Reader with AVG, then downloaded and reinstalled it, and its Digital ID still interferes with Apple Mail, demanding that I allow it:  

Screen Shot 2024-03-13 at 8.36.56 PM.png

I can find nothing of this "Digital ID" in the Apple System Preferences, to delete it there.  

What business does Adobe have interfering with Apple Mail?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 15, 2024 Mar 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Hope you are doing well, please go through the correct answer marked in the similar discussion https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/mail-app-wants-to-sign-using-key-quot-privatekey-... and see if that works. 

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before reading this my issue has been solved. I found this very helpful thank you so much, sir.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 29, 2020 Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wow its Awesome Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

It might help You.

Right Click on Digital Signature -->Validate Signature --> Signature Properties -->Show Signatur's Certificate -->Trut -->Add to Trusted Certificates -->ok

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2023 Jan 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No correct answer for my issue. Did not come close to working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 04, 2023 Jan 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Daren27786920w346 

We are sorry to hear that.

What happens when you try to follow the suggested steps from the correct answer above ? Do you get any error message? If yes, please share the screenshot of the same for a better understanding.  A small video recording of the same would be very helpful.

Please note that you can delete only self-signed digital IDs that you created in Acrobat. A digital ID obtained from another provider cannot be deleted.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2023 Jan 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe cloud SUX

I want my Adobe STD back.

How do I get my ADOBE std out of this licensae ?

Says it's available but NOooooo 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 06, 2023 Jan 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Daren27786920w346 

We are sorry to hear that. Would you mind elaborating a bit more? Is it the Acrobat Std application you are talking about. There is nothing called Adobe Std. Also, are you looking for Acrobat Std as a Standalone application (Perpetual license)  or Acrobat Std DC (Continuous - single application)?

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2023 Nov 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everone,

When I try to Remove ID, I got this error, what should I do about it?

adobe.png

Kr,

Ibrahim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 05, 2023 Dec 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Have you tried the steps provided in the correct answer shared above?

Let us know how it goes.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2023 Dec 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal,

Thank you for your reaction.

There are no items in the Digital ID Files. However, when I try to sign a document, I have several people (whoever ever used my computer to sign a document) that show up in the list. But some of them are not working here anymore for example.

How can I remove theses suggestions from the list?

Kr,

Ibrahim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 07, 2023 Dec 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Please go through the steps shared in the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/digital-ids.html#delete_your_digital_id and see if that works.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines