Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

How to remove Digital Signature

Explorer ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to remove Digital Signature

I need to remove the digital signature that I created so I can edit the document.  When I right-click on my signature there is no option to clear the signature. 

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020
Hi! Hope you are doing well. If you have forgotten the digital id password, then you can detach the digital id. Navigate to Edit -> Preferences (Win), or Acrobat -> Preferences (Mac), then select Signatures -> Identities & Trusted Certificates -> More, Click on Digital ID Files, select the one you want to detach, and click Detach File. After that, you can delete the .pfx file. Note: You can delete only self-signed digital IDs that you created in Acrobat. A digital ID obtained from an...

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Hope you are doing well.

If you have forgotten the digital id password, then you can detach the digital id.

Navigate to Edit -> Preferences (Win), or Acrobat -> Preferences (Mac), then select Signatures -> Identities & Trusted Certificates -> More, Click on Digital ID Files, select the one you want to detach, and click Detach File. After that, you can delete the .pfx file.

AnandSri_0-1604493370822.png

AnandSri_1-1604493467168.png

Note:

You can delete only self-signed digital IDs that you created in Acrobat. A digital ID obtained from another provider cannot be deleted.

To know more about the Digital Ids, see this article: Manage Digital IDs

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Anand Sri,

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please help! My mac does not show the exact same screen as you and so the options at the top look different. 

Screen Shot 2020-12-23 at 1.39.22 PM.png

 I don't know how to procede from here because I am unable to find the "detach file" option. I tried clicking Remove ID, but that still requires a password to continue.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2021 Aug 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

I have some forms that I've created where I want to prepare them in order for them to be fillable. It all works apart from the automatic Digital ID. How do I remove that? I want to give people the option of Digital ID or to just write their name.

Thanks in advance!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before reading this my issue has been solved. I found this very helpful thank you so much, sir.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 29, 2020 Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wow its Awesome Thank you.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines