The New Acrobat Pro DC doesnt let me delete layer! from the (Preflight)!
i typed (layer) but nothing appear!
The old version accept that ....look at the image! (Acrobat Pro DC 2015)
So how to remove layer / Layers in the new version of acrobat (2018) ?
i found a solution, but does it the only one ? or does it affect any thing else....(File > Save as Other > Optimized PDF..) then going to Discard User data and check mark in front of (Discard hidden layer content and flatten visible layers) ,, i already make my layer invisible before trying this method...
You are correct, there aren't a lot of options for removing layers. You could rename the layer to "Watermark" then use the "Remove" option on the "Watermark" menu in the "Edit PDF" toolset. But that doesn't actually remove the OCG. In fact, the only regular Acrobat feature that does remove OCGs is "Flatten Layers" on the Layers Menu.
The Preflight is the only built-in functionality for performing many advanced operations, such as removing OCGs.
At the time of replying, they have added (don't know when) a way to remove layers in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, though the process is annoying at best.
- Select one of theses tools 'PDF Standard', 'Optimize PDF', or 'Print Production'.
- Select 'Preflight'.
- Change the profile at the top of the page to 'Acrobat Pro DC 2015 Profiles'
- Under the 'Layers' tab, click on the 'Remove layer with specified name'.
- (If there are multiple layers you wish to remove, I suggest renaming all layers you wish to remove to the same name)
- Input the name of the layer you wish to remove into the 'Name of layer:' field and click 'OK'.
- Once the process finishes, the layers will be removed (not hidden).
Hopefully this helps those still looking for answers.
Copy link to clipboard
You can remove some layers by hidding the layers to remove, then "Flatten layers": hidden layers and their contents are permanently deleted.