• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to remove scanners from list?

New Here ,
May 08, 2021 May 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I remove old scanners from my list of scanners in the dialog box?  It's very confusing on which is good and which is old.

TOPICS
Scan documents and OCR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 08, 2021 May 08, 2021

Thanks for the screenshot, otherwise I would not have known the OS. 

This is an OS issue: on the Mac, go into System Prefs and select Printers and Scanners. Click on the lock button (bottom left) with your sysem password unlock it. Then click on the item you wish to delete and then click on the minus icon (see arrow)

You "may" need to reboot to remove this from other application's awareness but I'm not sure on that. If you still see your scanners, than yes, you do need to reboot.

BTW, be a

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 08, 2021 May 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the screenshot, otherwise I would not have known the OS. 

This is an OS issue: on the Mac, go into System Prefs and select Printers and Scanners. Click on the lock button (bottom left) with your sysem password unlock it. Then click on the item you wish to delete and then click on the minus icon (see arrow)

You "may" need to reboot to remove this from other application's awareness but I'm not sure on that. If you still see your scanners, than yes, you do need to reboot.

BTW, be aware that on the Mac, if you scan from within Acrobat, you are using Apple's Image Capture, the worst scanning software there is. And I'm a Mac user so this is not anything against Macs.

2021-05-08_15-28-43.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2022 Aug 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue,  I a on a PC, and have removed them from my list, in my PC settings.   They still show here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 15, 2022 Aug 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

++ Adding to the discussion,

If you're on Microsoft Windows, the best way to remove proprietary software is with the printer utility software that came with your device.

Best way to uninstall is by following the recommended guidelines from the printing device manufacturer's website before manually uninstalling from the control panel.

As Gary mentioned, a few reboots in-between may be necessary to complete the uninstall procedure and to get rid of old traces of the software.

NOTE:

With some newer devices, you may be required to perform the uninstall while your device is hooked up to the PC with an active Internet connection.

If you've already done all of this with nosuccess, try the suggestion posted in the link below:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines