• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to save as Adobe PDF to match much higher resolution from PowerPoint Export to PDF?

Contributor ,
Mar 08, 2023 Mar 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What setting, for Adobe Save as PDF, to match much higher resolution of Pictures that are exported from PowerPoint?

Pictures in PDF created by Adobe Save as PDF are at much lower resolution compared to PDF exported from PowerPoint.

Since Adobe Save As PDF is the preferred method of my work environment, is it possible to change its settings to match resolution of pictures created by PowerPoint Export to PDF?

Please find screenshot comparring resolutions in above PDFs using Adobe Tool Export Images to PNG 

2023-03-09 How Adobe Save as PDF match much higher resolution as PowerPoint Export as PDF.gif

TOPICS
Create PDFs , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 09, 2023 Mar 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check this setting in Advanced Settings:

Abambo_0-1678395459653.png

You should use create Adobe PDF, as this uses the Adobe engine. If you use “Create PDF Document”, you use the Microsoft engine, and you need to find the equivalent settings.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks but I need further help to find Image Setting for Acrobat PDFMaker Office Add-In

2023-03-10 Where is Image Setting for Acrobat PDFMaker Office Add-In.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I found the setting in Acrobat Ribbon of PowerPoint but not as a standalone App setting

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the Acrobat tab is its own tab on the Ribbon. If it does not show it needs to be enabled. Go to Preferences first, then create the Adobe PDF. 

janee_0-1678420195787.png

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 12, 2023 Mar 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, with your help, Images from Adobe PDFMaker (changed settings ) match high resolution as Microsoft PowerPoint Export to PDF. However there is warning from Microsoft Community, this create risk of  "occupy memory and cause some unexpected problem".

Does PDF files from Adobe PDFMaker contain extra printer-related information for very fine text within embedded image better vs Microsoft PowerPoint Export to PDF?

APPENDIX

large file size can occupy memory and cause some unexpected problem 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I correct myself as shown in post follwing this one. Image inside PDF are much smaller but PDF file size is much bigger compared to Microsoft PowerPoint Export to PDF. My PowerPoint is very light (contains only 7 pasted Excel Charts) but when Jane's recommended setting, created PDF is large 10MB; when my typical PowerPoint has 40 slides of pasted Excel objects, my concern is much larger PDF file; how to

1. forecast file size for 40 Slides
  2. decrease PDF file size from Adobe PDFMaker ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For Printing PDF

from PowerPoint containing

VERY FINE TEXT in Picture

Adobe PDFMaker vs Microsoft Export

Image Resolution are identical;

• is Adobe PDFMaker superior?
  • how to minimize risk of problem of much larger file size?
  • how to decrease Adobe PDFMaker file size?

2023-03-13 how to minimize Adobe PDFMaker Size.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 15, 2023 Mar 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How to verify output match resolution and size of input? Is it possible that the resolution and size of image from PDFMaker is different? I am having problem with Adobe-Tool-Export-PDF-to-Image fail on image (pdf from Adobe PDFMaker) too wide.The two images from PDFMaker is a Title and Excel Chart pasted to PowerPoint Slide; 33cm wide 2.82cm high; 28.83cm wide 16.39 cm high. Why would such a typical slide create this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines