Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to Set Specific Password Security Permissions in Adobe Acrobat

Explorer ,
Jul 15, 2024 Jul 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I need some assistance with setting password security on a PDF document in Adobe Acrobat. My goal is to configure the document's permissions in a very specific way. Here's what I'm looking to achieve:

1. Allow filling form fields: Users should be able to fill out any interactive forms within the PDF.
  2. Allow saving the document as a copy: Users should be able to save their filled forms as a new copy of the document.
  3. Allow printing: Users should have the ability to print the document.
  4. Restrict editing: Users should not be able to modify the body text or the content of the document other than the form fields.

Could someone guide me through the steps to set up these permissions in Adobe Acrobat? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance.

TOPICS
How to , PDF , PDF forms , Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jul 15, 2024 Jul 15, 2024

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jul 15, 2024 Jul 15, 2024

Just apply the security policy with the settings you want, then. The user won't be asked for a password, unless they try to change the security policy in Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This post doesnot suffice my requirement of saving the document as a copy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't control this using password security.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quote2. Allow saving the document as a copy: Users should be able to save their filled forms as a new copy of the document.
By @ItsGhani

There's no such permission. The users will always be able to do that. Do you mean you want to force them to save the file as a copy? If so, that's not really possible. You can set the file itself as read-only, but they would always be able to change it back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want document to be filled, printed and saved without password. However, editing document content is to locked only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just apply the security policy with the settings you want, then. The user won't be asked for a password, unless they try to change the security policy in Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines