• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to Transfer Acrobat XI Pro License from One Computer to Another

Aug 26, 2015 Aug 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I have installed Acrobat XI Pro on one computer machine, and now I would like to deactivate my license from that machine and install the same license on a new machine.

I will appreciate any possible help in this action please.

Thanks & regards

Ali

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 26, 2015 Aug 26, 2015

Hi Muhammad,

I would like to inform you that you can install Acrobat on two machines using one license, however, you can only use one of those machines at a time. If you still want to deactivate please follow the below procedure to deactivate your license on current computer :

1. Launch the app.
  2. Choose Help > Deactivate.

3. Choose one of the following options:
    • Deactivate or Suspend Activation: These options deactivate the software but retain licensing information on your computer. Choose one of these

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Muhammad,

I would like to inform you that you can install Acrobat on two machines using one license, however, you can only use one of those machines at a time. If you still want to deactivate please follow the below procedure to deactivate your license on current computer :

1. Launch the app.
  2. Choose Help > Deactivate.

3. Choose one of the following options:
    • Deactivate or Suspend Activation: These options deactivate the software but retain licensing information on your computer. Choose one of these options if you want to deactivate the software temporarily, and you are planning to activate it on this computer again.
    • Deactivate permanently: This option deactivates the software and removes the licensing information from your computer. If you want to use the software on this computer again, reenter the serial number.

Once it is deactivated, you can install and use the same license on another machine.

Regards,
Rahul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rahul

I am not be able to find Deactivate in Help Menu in Adobe Acrobat Pro XI. Please see the below image for reference.

20150827_090052.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2019 Jul 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to open a PDF file first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2019 Jul 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open PDF - no option to deactivate. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

[Image with personal information removed. -Mod.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, Patty. That might not be the best document to use as an example.  That's a lot of info to be sharing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2022 Aug 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I couldn't find the deactivate link, and in the meantime I have uninstalled the software from my device with a view of using the license on a second device. But I'm still being asked to deactivate from another device. Can anyone assist please? Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 14, 2022 Aug 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, we can't help. You must contact Adobe directly and ask for an "activation count reset" for your license.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2024 Mar 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe makes it impossible to contact them regarding an activation reset.  Both their online chat and their phone deny you any support at all even though they are preventing me from using the product I paid for.   My product is no longer installed on another computer, but because I didn't go through their "deactivate" menu (I had no idea it was even there) now I am left with product I paid for and cannot use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2024 Mar 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Brother, I've had the same exact issue litteraly just recently. I lost access to the computeres I had previously activated on it it gave me an activation max error. EVEN after deactivating on an old computer I found somehow, it STILL said my activation count was maxed out. I asked support too and they are so useless, they have told me they cannot reset the activation count and try to get me to buy their subscription model. They keep telling me the product is "old," but that is irrelevant, I paid for a software that I can use if I wish, until I die. I have acrobat standard X, and unforunately, it DOES seem like when you have the license, it is good for the FIRST two computers you activate on eternally. And if you deactivate on it, it is impossible to reactivate on the same computer. The only solution is that I've been forced to do was buy a CD with a key on ebay for like $50, and use that key on my computer very wisely. I will never purchase their subscription model especially after how worthless their support is. This is just madness.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines