Adobe Acrobat Pro DC
Version 2022.001.20117 | 64 bit
I can't sign documents. Recap of what happens:
1. Press "Digitally Sign"
2. Select area on document
3. "Sign With Digital ID" window appears
4. Valid company-issued Windows Digital ID is present and radio button is selected.
5. Press "Continue"
6. ID Preview displays correct signature/date
7. "Sign" button is blue, and reacts to "onlick" (color changes slightly when clicked).
8. "Sign as ______" window remains opened, despite multiple clicks. Other buttons (i.e. "Back", "Review", "Create") function nominally.
I tried changing the view by doing the following:
Launch Reader/ Acrobat > click Edit > Preferences > Signatures > Creation & appeareance > More
Unchcek the box next to "use modern interface for signing documents..."
Relaunch Acrobat/ Readedr.
This didn't resolve the issue, but it gave me the following error message when I press "sign" now.
The Windows Cryptographic Service Provider reported an error:
Keyset does not exist
Error Code: 2148073494
I'm not sure where to go from here.
This is what I've tried:
Recreating the signature ID
I saw that renaming the crypto file has been a solution. However I can't get it to work. I get an error when trying (windows error 0x80070057). I get that error no matter what PC i try to rename the crypto file on.
Do you guys have any good ideas as to what to do next ?
Thank you for reaching out.
Please try the suggestion provided on the following help document: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/key-does-not-exist-error-code-2148073485.html.
Check if that helps.
Let us know how it goes.
It might be a really dumb question. But how do I check my signature device? And what driver should I check?