• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I'm having problem editing the text of a pdf

Explorer ,
Aug 15, 2022 Aug 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have index pages that are layed out in tables. One column has the category and the next has the page number. Well, pages were added and removed, so the numbers have changed, but when I go in to change edit the PDF, it only has the page as one image. I don't have the option to edit the text. 

When I'm viewing the PDF, I can higlight the text, but as I said, when I select Edit PDF, the whole page become one image and the text is no longer separate. I've tried running an OCR, but it did no good. I looked in properties and the fonts are listed.

I'm just stuck, this has never happened to me before. I saw some problems have happened like this when rows and columns are in the page, but all the help I could find was from older versions of Acrobat, so it's hard to follow directions to test. Plus, when I go to edit, the text not in the tables are uneditable. The whole page just becomes one image.

I'm Windows 10 Pro, Adobe Acrobat Pro DC.

Any ideas? Thanks for any help. 

Sean

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , Scan documents and OCR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is one page example

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you zoom in you will see the "text" is all broken up and poor quality; it isn't text at all, it's a scanned sheet of paper. But OCR was done to create an invisible layer for text selection. You can't edit the invisible text - and it wouldn't help, it is just a picture and wouldn't change in front.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Test, I think what we're looking at in his example is a scan and not the original document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sean,

I'm very sorry but this kind of editing is way beyond what can be done in Acrobat. 

Unfortunately, Adobe makes it seem like you can edit anything in a PDF but this is just not true. What you do is to change the date, fix a misspelled word, and a few other things.

What you must do here is to access the original document, fix it there in the application that made the document, then resave the updated document in Acrobat to generate a new PDF. 

Acrobat is not a word processing program and a page layout application and a spreadsheet program and a vector drawing program, etc. etc. Acrobat is a very powerful print to PDF program that can do a lot of things. This kind of significant editing is beyond its capability.

Sorry 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, what I can't figure out is when I open the PDF, I can edit any text. All pages are full of text boxes. but when I add the Bates Numbering, every page turns into an full image and there is no more text boxes or editing. Along with that, there's no text search. Why does the adding of the Bates Numbering change the pages to images and no longer pages with text boxes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines