• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I set up PDF in full screen mode but it gave a weird message

New Here ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I selected "Open in Full Screen Mode" in Acrobat's Properties in Initial View, saved the file, then tried to open it but it gave this message: "This document is trying to put Acrobat in full screen mode, which takes over your screen. In this mode, it is possible to present documents that look like other applications, including applications that request your personal information. Would you like to allow this document to enter full screen mode automatically?"  I'm sure this would be off-putting for anyone who receives my file.  Is there a way to open a PDF in full screen mode without this message?

TOPICS
Create PDFs , General troubleshooting , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At long last Adobe have put this warning message. The warning is real, and important, and needs to be understood. A document cannot suppress it. You can let your users know it will happen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So there's no way to avoid having this message come up?  I thought setting up a PDF to open in full screen mode would be as harmless as opening a PowerPoint file in slideshow mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If powerpoint does this without a warning I suspect that will be fixed soon... the possibility of "app impersonation" is now considered a major threat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm completely unfamiliar with app impersonation, could you explain to me more about what it is?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a user setting that only he can modify:

Capture_073.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

App impersonation: one app looks like another. The other app might be one that asks for a password when it starts. For example, you send out a PDF file that looks like the login page for the FBI internal site. The FBI user, distracted, wonders why they have to log in, but they type their password anyway. Boom! I see that YOU can turn it off, so presentations are not affected, but the user does need to understand and accept the risk.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a bummer because now I may have to resort to converting a PDF into a PowerPoint slideshow, but unfortunately fonts aren't embedded as they are in PDF's, which means that I can only choose from the few universally safe fonts!  Anyone have any ideas on what other program can open up as a slideshow and not have this font issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't found a way to make Powerpoint do that (open a document directly in full screen mode, rather than when I go to Start Presentation). How do you do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Save it as PowerPoint Show (.ppsx).  But there's that issue about fonts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines