• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Input method for fillable PDF forms

New Here ,
Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to use QR codes, or any barcode for that matter to scan, and put the info from the code into a specific field i a PDF form. Is that possible? What do i need?

For example, I have numerous fields in my form that requiers a 15 digit serial number. Instead of typing these numbers in by my keybd, I would like to scan a barcode-sticker placed on that particular unit.

I would like to use my phone to fill this form.

I use ADOBE XI to create my form today

Regards

Pelle

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is that possible?

Yes

What do i need?

Acrobat Pro (any version)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Acrobat you can add a Barcode field and then set its Symbology to QR Code, via the Options tab of its Properties window:

try67_0-1594378807538.png

Note, however, that the value of such fields can only be edited in Acrobat. If used in Reader the field can show a barcode that has already been applied to it, but that value can't be changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the answers are about getting a QR code into your form. Yes, you can do that. But you want to integrate a PDF viewer with a QR code scanner to take input that way? Is that correct? The answer is almost certainly not, but to check, what platform do you envisage running this on? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Yes, i would like to use my Iphone/Ipad camera to read the code and populate its content ito my specific field in my PDF form.

Like below.... System S/N: and PIU S/N:

One serial barcode on top of the system and another barcode for PIU S/N.

The picture is from my PC, but I want to use my Iphone or Ipad to fill the form. 

PDF1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't believe that is possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines