• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Inserting Page Breaks

New Here ,
Sep 02, 2016 Sep 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to take a one page PDF document and insert several page breaks into it. I use Adobe Acrobat Standard DC and can not seem to find anyway to split one page into several pages. What I have been doing is converting the PDF to Excel and doing it that way but the text is compromised and I find myself spending a lot of time modifying the whole structure of the document. The easiest would be to use Adobe Acrobat to keep the document exactly as it appears in original PDF form and just break the page up using a page break insert like the one in Excel. Any help would be appreciated.

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 02, 2016 Sep 02, 2016

You can't just insert a page break in a PDF file. It's not meant to be edited in such a way.
If you have the original file then edit it and then generate a new PDF. If you don't then your best chance is to export the PDF to another format (like as an Excel spreadsheet or a Word document) and then edit it and create a new PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 02, 2016 Sep 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't just insert a page break in a PDF file. It's not meant to be edited in such a way.
If you have the original file then edit it and then generate a new PDF. If you don't then your best chance is to export the PDF to another format (like as an Excel spreadsheet or a Word document) and then edit it and create a new PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2017 Jul 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, in the plugin, you can.  In Excel in the Adobe plugin tab, go to Preferences.  Then un-check "Fit to paper width".  I did, and now my page breaks line up.  ....I also went to File, Print first and ensured that PDF was the selected printer.  And I made sure the sected page size was the same in the Excel 'Print to PDF' settings and in the Adobe plugin settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay.  Here's the work around.  Go to the page.  Highlight the portion that will be the new page.  Control C.  Then go to insert page.  You are then able to insert new page from clipboard.  Repeat for next part of page.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had a six-page user manual that when scanned became a single PDF. I used the Organize Pages tool to break the document into six separate pages. Organize Pages allows you to insert a blank page or insert from the clipboard.

1) Open the unpaginated document in Acrobat.

2) Select what should have been on one page and edit/copy or ctl-c

3) Open the Organize Pages tool

4) Right-click where you want the page to go. Or hover over the last page, select the three dots.  Choose Insert from Clipboard.

5) Repeat until complete.

Cumbersome, but it worked, and after the first few pages, it went quickly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines