• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Interactive pdfs and importing multiple layers

New Here ,
Jan 24, 2020 Jan 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm building an interactive document using InDesign that has multiple buttons in a table which hide and show a pop-up element.

To simplify the application of this process (which would be epic if have to toggle the buttons manually) I have decided to produce single Indesign files with just one button to activate/deactivate, this is with a view of making a pdf, then importing the next item in the table as a layer – essentially overlying content to create a single complete page, a neat solution, so I thought!

The problem is when I import the first item it looses its interactivity â€“ it views perfectly and looks like I'm starting to populate the table, but the button doesn't work. See the test file on this link https://adobe.ly/2RPGTK9

Anybody have any ideas on how to get the imported layers to remian interactive. 

Many thanks in advance, Martin

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Guide , Jan 24, 2020 Jan 24, 2020

It looks like you are using buttons to show pop-ups, you can try using buttons to show/hide the layers in your PDF instead. This will require you create a layered PDF from InDesign (Create Acrobat layers option). Here is a link to a related topic and a link to additional instructions and a sample PDF.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/expert-knowledge-necessary/m-p/10049597#M114221

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide , Jan 24, 2020 Jan 24, 2020

You're welcome. The basic instructions are on page 2 of the InDesign file attached to the PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like you are using buttons to show pop-ups, you can try using buttons to show/hide the layers in your PDF instead. This will require you create a layered PDF from InDesign (Create Acrobat layers option). Here is a link to a related topic and a link to additional instructions and a sample PDF.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/expert-knowledge-necessary/m-p/10049597#M114221

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Luke. Thanks for your solution. I’ll delve deeper into this next week
and really appreciate you offering advice.

Have a great weekend.
--

Kind regards, Martin

–

[image: Recrafted]

*Martin Baker* | Director
*Email:* martin.recrafted@gmail.com | *Mobile:* 07949 152 395 <07949152395>

The company accepts no liability for the content of this email, or for the
consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided
unless that information is subsequently confirmed in writing. If you are
not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying,
distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this
information is strictly prohibited.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome. The basic instructions are on page 2 of the InDesign file attached to the PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Luke,

I just wanted to feedback from Fridays post to say thank you. Your suggested idea worked beutifully and once I'd got my head aorund it, and how the process can work for my document it has become an excellent solution. 

Appreciate you offering such solid advice.

All the best, Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines