• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Internal Error Occured

Community Beginner ,
Jul 25, 2022 Jul 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As soon as I click File>Create I am getting an error "Internal Error Occurred". I have gone through all the support discussion and tried uninstalling then reinstalling; checked AppData Folder (‪C:\Users\sarve\AppData\Roaming\Adobe) and ensured it has full control, but still getting this error.

Acrobat DC was working fine till Yesterday. There was no update in windows or acrobat as well.

I am using Windows 11 Pro. Please suggest solution. My colleague does not have any issue while running same version of acrobat dc.

Regards

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Nov 17, 2022 Nov 17, 2022

Encountered this issue. Nothing specific mentioned fixed the issue. I had to do the following to completely resolve the issue. 

1.  Use the AcroCleaner to Uninstall Adobe > https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/cleaner.html
          a. Reboot afterward
  2. Go to Control Panel > Programs and Features; Uninstall anything named "Adobe" 
  3.  Open an explorer window and type %appdata% and press enter. Go into each folder (Local, Local low, Roaming) and delete any folders named "Adobe"
  4. Go to C:\Progra

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Nov 20, 2022 Nov 20, 2022

Hi Guys

A solution that works was posted on 17th Nov by AndreX86. Reposting it here. 

I was using Acrobat Cleaner tool to remove the existing files, except the cleaner tool is not removing all faulty files/folders. Need to manually remove them. Once done, you can reintall and it should work. See below and thanks AndreX86.

New Here , 
Nov 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Encountered this issue. Nothing specific mentioned fixed the issue. I had to do the following to completely resolve the iss

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Mar 23, 2023 Mar 23, 2023

What I did was go to users/<<me>>/AppData/Local/

I then right clicked on the Adobe folder chose properties then security tab.

In here with all the permissions I noted a lot of unkown, I selected edit then removed all of these. Clicked apply and now I am not getting the error anymore.

I hope this helps others, as it was driving me crazy

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2022 Aug 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i got the same problem and reinstalled several times and the problem still exist.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2022 Sep 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 09, 2022 Sep 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @xabierl@Sarveshkumar Gupta , @Riseranger , @Victoria Q&A , @cassydep 

We are sorry to hear that. Would you mind collecting Adobe CC logs https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html, Procmon logs (Win Only) https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/acromonitor.html and in case the application is freezing/crashing please also collect the Adobe Acrobat crash/freeze logs https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/collect-logs-crash-freeze.html and share them via document cloud as described here https://helpx.adobe.com/document-cloud/help/sharing-pdfs.html for further investigation of the issue.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2022 Sep 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is there any alternative before there is a patch finxing this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Riseranger 

We would need the above-requested logs in order to investigate the issue and to find the root cause, so that we can isolate the issue for the fix.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm in Win 10 Pro and Acro Pro DC is giving me trouble. Specifically, I'm unable to preview PDFs in the Win Explorer view pane any longer. When selecting a pdf file in Win Explorer to preview a file, after 10 seconds it throws "An internal error has occurred" message box. Acrobat is working fine and files open without issue from a doble-click in Win Explorer. Have uninstalled/reinstalled twice w/reboot to no avail. Checked my pdf file associations to Acrobat DC and all good there. Tried reassigning Acro Pro DC to pdf, no change. Also went to Apps & Features Settings/Apps and chose to modify the Acro DC installation with still no effect. Suggestions please? so far I have spent too much time trying to rectify this. Working with thousands of PDFs and can't live without file preview in Win Explorer.

acrobat dc, internal error occured, no preview of PDF files in explorer view

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exact same issue and no effect after reinstall or various reboots. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 14, 2022 Sep 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Yozmite @default4w5qezindnyr 

It would be great if you could share the logs as requested above for further investigation of the issue.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2022 Sep 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is EXACTLY what is happening to me as well. I literally can't get anything done....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2022 Sep 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ended up on Adobe Chat, and they uninstalled all adobe apps and removed all the data from every nook and cranny, and it seems to have done the trick! The acrobat app was corrupted somewhere. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2022 Sep 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also having this problem very bad, hope they fix this soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2022 Oct 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is exactly what has been happening to me too. Have tried all suggested tips to fix, but nothing changes. I've had this same error for the past 3 months - how is there no patch for this yet!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2022 Sep 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amal, I collected Adobe CC Logs & Procmon Logs, but unable to share as they are not pdfs. through the document cloud. Also these cannot be uploaded due to unsupported file type (zxp & zip)

Please send email or call directly to discuss further.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 29, 2022 Sep 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been havng the same issues! soooo frustrating! Please fix this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2022 Dec 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue.  I'm going to collect logs and submit, as instructed in this post.  Teamwork makes the dream work... ❤️

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2023 Jan 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Provide an actual solution please. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am now getting this error when trying to preview any .pdf files in a windows 11 finder window.  Opening .pdfs is fine, but everytime I want to preview a file, boom, an internal error has occured.  I have a new HP 45L Omen, i9, 3080rtx and was working fine until something was updated via adobe.  Have reinstalled windows completely, especially after having Adobe share my computer and deleting everything to then say, call Microsoft its a user permission error...(which it isn't).  Still waiting for a fix or update from Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 20, 2022 Sep 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Wesley5C25 

We are sorry for the trouble. This issue is reported to our engineering team for review and they are working on it.

The fix will be available in future updates.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2022 Sep 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue! Error message: "An internal error occurred"  What do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2022 Oct 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still experiencing this same issue a month later (and I am on the latest version of Acrobat DC).  Is there a workable solution yet? I am going to have to purchase another PDF viewer in the mean time because it is completely destroying efficiency.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal, I have the same problem since two weeks, I tried to solve it but failed. Today I got another message saying  that Adobe acrobat detedcted that Iam using assistive technology and it asks me to define it, which is really weird.

I am using Windows 11 Pro, I had the updated version recently. Any solution please?

Thank you,

Nada

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2022 Sep 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm having a similar issue: I get the "An internal error has occured" pop-up as soon as I select a file in File Explorer when Adobe Acrobat Pro DC (64-bit) is installed on my Win 11 laptop. It happens even if the app is closed and stops me from previewing the pdf in question. File Explorer goes in full "Not Responding" mode... 

This has been going on for a few weeks and would love a solution to fix it. I've looked at permissions and uninstalled a few times, nothing's helped.

Please send help! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2022 Sep 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the exact same problem, the only solution that worked was disabling the sandbox protection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2022 Oct 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CONSTANTLY getting errors even if I just mouse over the darn PDF file! 

I have followed all recommended solutions and fixes but it doesn't work for me, even our senior IT manager can't fix it!

Are we stuck with this forever!!?? I'm really over it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2022 Oct 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having the same issues...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines