• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Internal Error Occured

Community Beginner ,
Jul 25, 2022 Jul 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As soon as I click File>Create I am getting an error "Internal Error Occurred". I have gone through all the support discussion and tried uninstalling then reinstalling; checked AppData Folder (‪C:\Users\sarve\AppData\Roaming\Adobe) and ensured it has full control, but still getting this error.

Acrobat DC was working fine till Yesterday. There was no update in windows or acrobat as well.

I am using Windows 11 Pro. Please suggest solution. My colleague does not have any issue while running same version of acrobat dc.

Regards

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Nov 17, 2022 Nov 17, 2022

Encountered this issue. Nothing specific mentioned fixed the issue. I had to do the following to completely resolve the issue. 

1.  Use the AcroCleaner to Uninstall Adobe > https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/cleaner.html
          a. Reboot afterward
  2. Go to Control Panel > Programs and Features; Uninstall anything named "Adobe" 
  3.  Open an explorer window and type %appdata% and press enter. Go into each folder (Local, Local low, Roaming) and delete any folders named "Adobe"
  4. Go to C:\Progra

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Nov 20, 2022 Nov 20, 2022

Hi Guys

A solution that works was posted on 17th Nov by AndreX86. Reposting it here. 

I was using Acrobat Cleaner tool to remove the existing files, except the cleaner tool is not removing all faulty files/folders. Need to manually remove them. Once done, you can reintall and it should work. See below and thanks AndreX86.

New Here , 
Nov 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Encountered this issue. Nothing specific mentioned fixed the issue. I had to do the following to completely resolve the iss

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Mar 23, 2023 Mar 23, 2023

What I did was go to users/<<me>>/AppData/Local/

I then right clicked on the Adobe folder chose properties then security tab.

In here with all the permissions I noted a lot of unkown, I selected edit then removed all of these. Clicked apply and now I am not getting the error anymore.

I hope this helps others, as it was driving me crazy

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2022 Oct 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem for me.

If I enable default preview in explorer or outlook (which worked fine in Windows 10) my system freezing and showing error messages. In any case it's a pain, because either it crashes or it's not possible to work smoothly.

The solution I found is to assign the preview (default setting) for PDFs, on a web browser. This avoids blocking but is not at all ergonomic to work with.

Hey Adobe Team; with the price we pay for your licenses, please move on to fix this kind of time consuming problem (today I lost 4 hours of work trying to solve this problem) !!!

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I´m having the same problem, can´t get anything done. In work I can ignore it, but at home my pc deep fries. Is there any prevision on fixing this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The internal error issue started happening to me out of nowhere this afternoon whenever I just click on a PDF in the Windows (10) file explorer, and I tried every possible fix I could find, but nothing works. I have full admin permissions of my system, I changed the Sandbox preferences, etc. Nothing.

Still getting that annoying pop-up, and I'm appalled to see how many people have had this issue for months and there's still no fix for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2022 Oct 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, please do you have solution for this trouble?

This internal error makes me crazy, I need to submit my finished data, but cant beacause all is freezing only when I tap on PDF icon.

On this topic it seems, this problem is known for two months and still has no solution? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem on Win 10 with the latest Acrobat DC CC. It's when I hover over/select the file in Windows Explorer. Interestingly, the default app for PDFs keeps switching back to chrome. I'm afraid to call my IS help desk if there's not a solution here. Hours of pain on my end. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Possible solution found by markelrayes

'I FOUND A SOLUTION.

I had to go C:\Users\[me]\AppData\Local and right click the Adobe folder, click properties and go to security tab. I had a bunch of left-over "Account Unknown" listed besides my three main ones (System, [me], Admin). I deleted all the account unknowns.

That fixed it for me.'

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/quot-an-internal-error-occured-quot-when-clicking...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

brilliant markelrayes

worked instantly and suddenly weeeeeeks of frustration vanished. thanks very much for sharing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a user that started getting the message “An internal error occurred” last week.  It happens when you just click on the document you don’t have to even open it

He has Windows 10 with Adobe creative cloud (All Apps plan) plus Acrobat DC.

His version of Adobe DC is 2022.003.20258

I have tried the following below but nothing has worked any other idea?

I did a repair on his Adobe DC
I opened up Adobe went to Edit>>Preferences>> Select the Security (Enhanced) category and Uncheck the "Enable Protected Mode at Startup".
I went to C:\Users\[user_name]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\ and checked his permission and it said he had full access for the Adobe Folder.
I uninstalled and reinstalled the Acrobat DC application
I then went back and did the following Uncheck the "Enable Protected Mode at Startup"
I tried the following: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\DC\FeatureLockDown.  Created a new REG_DWORD: Value Name: bProtectedMode - Value Data :0
we were only trying on the downloads folder via quick access, so I went to a different folder on his C: drive still the same message

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sarveshkumar Gupta

I belive the problem is with Microsoft. I had the same issues since the windows update the solution i found for not getting this error is to close the display in my file explorer... this way the pc wont get stock everytime I touch a pdf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2022 Oct 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please elaborate? Currently working with a user that has a similar issue. Trying to access menu items (File, Edit) brings up popup with internal error.  How do you close the display on file explorer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2022 Nov 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a similar problem. Would love to know a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2022 Nov 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think they are right in this being a Microsoft issue. I turned off the preview pane (under the view tab) in windows explorer and it fixed the issue the issue for me. I do like the preview pane, but the error was very frustrating. Hopefully a fix will be coming soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue 😞 how do i fix this.. i tried uninstalling all apps and clean it. Still not fixed 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Almost the same problem,"Internal Erroc Occured" shows up when clicking on a pdf in windows file explorer.

Then the frame goes into Not Responding mode. Tried everything listed here, nothing helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have the same problem!!! Everytime I select a pdf file, to see the view from my  file explorer, It always give my the "Internal error has occured".  I have uninstal and instal Adobe Acrobat, but it doesn't work like that. I can only uninstal the all Adobe app, but I don't want to do that because it's only Adobe Acrobat that have this problem, when I select a pdf! Adobe Support, can you guys fix this please? The error always comes from selectng a pdf from my computer and sometime it froze because of this stupid problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2022 Nov 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Encountered this issue. Nothing specific mentioned fixed the issue. I had to do the following to completely resolve the issue. 

1.  Use the AcroCleaner to Uninstall Adobe > https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/cleaner.html
          a. Reboot afterward
  2. Go to Control Panel > Programs and Features; Uninstall anything named "Adobe" 
  3.  Open an explorer window and type %appdata% and press enter. Go into each folder (Local, Local low, Roaming) and delete any folders named "Adobe"
  4. Go to C:\Program Files\ and delete any folders named "Adobe"
  5. Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\ and delete any folders named "Adobe"

After you've done all that try re-installing Adobe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2022 Nov 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was the only solution that helped!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2022 Nov 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

👍🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2022 Nov 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally fixed, by following your steps. That error message "An internal error has occurred" finally went away. Was trying different solutions for 8 hours. Can use Adobe Pro again. Thanks for sharing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2022 Nov 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

8 hours, thats unfotunate :(. Glad this helped!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2022 Dec 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Definitely works!!

Thanks to share it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2022 Dec 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the help. It really worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2022 Nov 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys

A solution that works was posted on 17th Nov by AndreX86. Reposting it here. 

I was using Acrobat Cleaner tool to remove the existing files, except the cleaner tool is not removing all faulty files/folders. Need to manually remove them. Once done, you can reintall and it should work. See below and thanks AndreX86.

New Here , 
Nov 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

a. Reboot afterward
  4. Go to C:\Program Files\ and delete any folders named "Adobe"
  5. Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\ and delete any folders named "Adobe"

After you've done all that try re-installing Adobe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2023 Jan 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still getting Internal error occured when trying to preview PDFs in the preview panel in Windows Explorer. I've uninstalled Adobe Acrobat DC, deleted all the folders from roaming and programs files. I don't know what to do at this point. It's incredibly frustrating. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines