• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is Adobe Acrobat Professional or standard 2020 available in 64 bit?

New Here ,
Feb 27, 2023 Feb 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is Adobe Acrobat Professional or standard 2020 available in 64 bit

Because the one we download installs as x86 only.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 27, 2023 Feb 27, 2023

I have to say that, despite the statement "Is Acrobat 2020 64-bit compliant?
Yes, Acrobat runs as a 64-bit application. " I am not convinced at all, I think a mistake has been made. Because it then links to the system requirements, which are not at all relevant, and just confirm it runs on a 64-bit system.

The thing is, 64-bit support was a new feature in 2022, and Acrobat 2020 is frozen with the features of Acrobat towards the end of 2019. So, why would there be 64-bit support. (I have more speci

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @sachin286135900c24 

Hope you are doing well and thanks for reaching out. Yes, Acrobat runs as a 64-bit application. For more information please go through the help pages listed below:

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/faq-acrobat-2020.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/system-requirements-acrobat-2020.html

Regards

Amal

Marking a reply or response “Correct” will help future users with the same issue quickly identify the correct answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to say that, despite the statement "Is Acrobat 2020 64-bit compliant?
Yes, Acrobat runs as a 64-bit application. " I am not convinced at all, I think a mistake has been made. Because it then links to the system requirements, which are not at all relevant, and just confirm it runs on a 64-bit system.

The thing is, 64-bit support was a new feature in 2022, and Acrobat 2020 is frozen with the features of Acrobat towards the end of 2019. So, why would there be 64-bit support. (I have more specific reasons: there are no 64-bit updates either).

BUT... big question... why would you care? 64-bit Acrobat will not be faster, will not be more reliable, and will not integrate with more apps and systems. ("Faster" and "more reliable" are convenient untruths used by marketing departments who have no clue about the technical isssues). So I see no reason to be concerned that there is only 32-bit support. I would be much more concerned that Acrobat 2020 reaches end of life in January 2025, and there is no sign of a follow-up product. I suspect that to get support we'll all need to go subscription (but I have no inside information).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2024 May 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, personally I do care because Adobe markets this as a 64-bit application but it isn't

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 09, 2024 May 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where does it market Acrobat 2020 as a 64 bits application?

Quote: 

Abambo_0-1715242937937.png

End quote.

As @Test Screen Name says, it is not relevant, as there is absolutely no advantage to having this to be a 64 bits application, as long as 32 bits applications are running on your OS.

As it runs on modern macOS systems, and macOS did scrap 32 bits support, at least the macOS version is 64 bits.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2024 May 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, I'm sorry to say but if someone reads the system requirements

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/system-requirements-acrobat-2020.html
one might conclude it's a 64-bit piece of software. For example I am running it on Windows 11 and here it's mentioned: Windows 11 (64 bit)
Probably for the end user there will not be any noticeable performance impact. But anyway, most applications nowadays are compiled using 64-bit. Adobe should step up it's game. Even if this was released late 2019, I still think Adobe is lated to the 64-bit party.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines