Is it possible to autosplit and autorename documents based on page content?

New Here ,
Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know if this is something that is do-able at all? One of my repetitive work tasks consists of me downloading various documents from a program and saving them as one large PDF file. After I have them downloaded/saved, I manually extract the pages to make smaller pdf files. Some are 1 page and some are 2 pages, and I save these pages based on their content. Each pdf is renamed with the employee's name and the type of document it is. If possible, I would like to format my adobe to recognize these documents and auto-split them based a word/words found in the page/s, extract them (either as a single or as a two page document, it varies), then automatically rename them based on what it is (a word found in the page plus the employees name). Overall these pdf files are typically less than 30 pages before being split/extracted, however, the documents are not always saved in the same order so it would need to recognize based on the a word or title of the document. It typically ends up being roughly 16-18 pdf files that contain 1 or 2 pages each and are renamed specifically based on the content/title. This would be a format/process I want to save in my system to use as needed because I repeat this process multiple times a day. Does anyone have any advice? I am hopeful... Thank you in advance!

(moderator edited topics. Topics will help you finding answers if you use them on target)

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , How to , JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This will not be a pushbutton solution, but a talented scripter could get Acrobat to do most of the repetitive task. 

@try67 @Nesa Nurani 

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If the content in question can be identified in a consistent manner, then yes. This is not a simple task, though, and would require a custom-made solution, most likely.

If you're interested in hiring a professional developer to create such a tool for you, feel free to contact me privately to discuss it further. You can click my username and then on Send a Message.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines