• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is Print to PDF not an option in Mac Acrobat Pro DC?

New Here ,
Jul 24, 2018 Jul 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have scanned a small book using Adobe Scan app on my iPhone.

The pages are all slightly different size in the resultant PDF file, though uniform in the original book.

I have done some research on resizing all pages to be uniform, and apparently "fit to page" via the "print to PDF" is the way to go.

My only problem is that there is NO "Print to PDF" option in my print box, only my laser printer is listed.

I am using Acrobat Pro DC on a Mac. Is that the problem? I read vague comments online that this is Windows only.

Could anyone kindly offer any other solutions?

Thank you.

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Jul 25, 2018 Jul 25, 2018

No, “printing to PDF” is not an option on MacOS. Apple disabled Adobe's ability to do that.

That having been said, “refrying a PDF” (printing PostScript from Acrobat and distilling that back into PDF) is a lousy idea since if often has really nasty side effects. And even if you could “print to PDF” using the “fit to page” option, you would not likely get the results you think you might.

You should look at the various Preflight options of Acrobat Pro to properly fix the pages.

- Dov

PS:    

Votes

Translate

Translate
Jul 25, 2018 Jul 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, “printing to PDF” is not an option on MacOS. Apple disabled Adobe's ability to do that.

That having been said, “refrying a PDF” (printing PostScript from Acrobat and distilling that back into PDF) is a lousy idea since if often has really nasty side effects. And even if you could “print to PDF” using the “fit to page” option, you would not likely get the results you think you might.

You should look at the various Preflight options of Acrobat Pro to properly fix the pages.

- Dov

PS:     Although the cameras in today's telephones are amazingly good, they are not designed for scanning. Yes, the Adobe Scan application is great for informal “scanning” of business cards, receipts for business trips, etc. and does some amazing fixups, but for scanning a book, you really should consider use of a real, professional scanner, not a telephone camera.

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2022 Dec 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's not a lousy idea! 

Try sending through a form you have created in Adobe for someone to sign. It requires the "signer" to tab through every field and. all the checkboxes to reach the area where they need to sign. By printing the PDF to file, you flatten all the checkboxes and fields, which means the client presses the button and is directed to the exact place you need them to navigate. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines