• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a way to fix the static/noise problem in Record Audio comments in Acrobat?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 22, 2017 Aug 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Using the Record Audio comment feature creates a very poor quality sound file.
  • The issue relates to heavy static/background noise that overlays each audio file.
  • It is not related to the audio recording equipment & no other software is involved.
  • This problem appears to be at least 5 years old.
  • Add this to a development cycle and provide a timeline for this fix please.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2024 Jan 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have driven myself insane trying to figure out why this happens... Literally shocked to find out the problem is over a decade old. Is there no intent by Adobe to fix this at all?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're using a Mac laptop you must unplug it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows. Tried different laptops, differen audio sources (including an external mic) - no difference whatsoever.

Also noticed that if I forget to strain my voice to beat the background noise, it somehow records in this sort of "fade in" mode where the beginning of the comment is entirely inaudible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Add this to a development cycle and provide a timeline for this fix please.

By @Tony Els

You need to report that as a bug with https://acrobat.uservoice.com.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2024 Jan 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for this, I didn't know about it - couldn't find anything related so just reported it now.

https://acrobat.uservoice.com/forums/590923-acrobat-for-windows-and-mac/suggestions/47689505-bug-rec...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines