• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there any tool as "Format Painter" in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC

Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Is there any tool as "Format Painter" like the one in MS Office Word/Excel/Access or Autodesk-Autocad to copy/paste the properties of an object to other object in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Max

We are sorry for the trouble. As described, you are looking for a tool like 'Format Painter' in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC

Would you mind sharing more details about the workflow you are trying to achieve?

Sadly, the option for format painter is not available yet in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC. You may use the Adobe wish form https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html to submit your request with the engineering team.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal,

I went to Adobe wish and I found out someone has already raised this request - long time ago - but "DECLINED". I don't know what that means as there is no explanation has been shared.

Adobe is the main and master provider of software/application for pdf work; but, they are falling behind competators with less (resist to) update/ improve/ innovate.

The "Format Painter" is useful and save lots of time for simple commands of "Comments" tool like texts/ line/ Arrow/ Polygon/ Text Callout/... as it is an standard tool in the most of major softwares like MS office and Autodesk.

We are using different settings of font/colour/ fill/ border/... so re-setting "default" each time is not solution. It is really iritating to do all format settings everytime as I wonder why till know there is not a tool to copy/paste the format of an object to other similar object.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can change the default appearance of the various comments, by right-clicking a comment that has the desired properties and select "Make Current Properties Default". This will only affect comments (of that type) that you create later on, though, it doesn't allow you to copy those properties to existing comments.

If you're interested I could create for you a script that will do that, for a fee. You can contact me privately via [try6767 at gmail.com] to discuss it further.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the offer,

I am just burning more compamy time (: and I don't care that much to spend money for it.

It is long time that, I myself at home use other pdf editor product - not Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2022 Dec 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I completely agree. DUCK ADOBE. You eat your competitors and make us pay for the $h*t they become (unrelated gripe). This product is all you and you can't even do what Microsoft Word could do for 30 years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 15, 2022 Dec 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are really missing the point of Acrobat.  It's not a word processor or content creation tool, so there is no point in a format painter. Adobe InDesign however, is such a tool, and has very sophisticated formatting capbilities. So if you don't know what you are talking about, the please don't denegrate it. 

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, still not available?

I have a case for you.  I have a document that someone else made with a font layout that I can't replacate (Arial Narrow that is somehow outline).  I'd like to just copy that formating to my project since I'm having to remake the design.  If I use the Format Painter, I can just copy how it was done and I'm done in 5 min instead of having to try for hours to try to recreate how it was done.

So instead I'll have to take it over to Excel and make it over there and search the internet for free fonts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2022 Feb 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am surprised that there are not more "Wishes" in this forum. There are hundreds of postings about a "Format Painter" tool not being included in Acrobat. I would suggest Adobe rectify this oversight. Many others have taken the same route when we find Format Painter is not included... we buy and recommend other products and Adobe loses a sale. I have used Acrobat for over 20 years, but haven't bought it myself in over 10 years. I have bought other programs. My favorite at this time is BlueBeam. Acrobat used to be the "Cadillac" pdf program. It is now far down the list.  Adobe's other programs are still top-notch. I only have the current version at work because that is what they provided. I have suggested we get something else though. It is far from a full-featured pdf creator. But, hey, it is better than Acrobat Reader. Now, there is a program that is well worth the price! Free!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where do you see the hundreds of postings about a "Format Painter" tool in Acrobat? I could only find five discussions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"1, 2, 3, 4, whatever, it's hundreds"  

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the Adobe Wish site, there are few. Given the large client-base for Adobe products, I was surprised at how few "Wishes" are to be found here. Looking at other sites the complaint comes up over and over. Most simply choose another product. Review sites comparing pfd creation products have quite a few lamenting missing Format Painter. For those who are aware of this feature it becomes a hot-button.

Remember, it is a well-known fact that for every complaint there are a hundred or more dissatisfied customers that don’t complain. They simply buy somewhere else.

I know Acrobat isn’t geared to the engineering field, so doesn’t have tools to work with design software. It is geared toward other creative uses and Format Painter is expected and useful for many other uses.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2023 Jul 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am completely shocked that the first offcial PDF handler software denies or declines and accepts to do a script putting a fee in front. Is not enough the 25$ a month I have been paying for years. I miss this tool, but what is unacceptable is the answer given, 

If you're interested I could create for you a script that will do that, for a fee. You can contact me privately via [try6767 at gmail.com] to discuss it further.

INCREDIBLE, gives me a second thought on payinf this software, having tenfolds of free tools available

Is beyond repair that comment

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, but it might be possible using a script, depending on the kind of "object" you're referring to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The absence of a Format Painter is exactly how a giant stumbles and nimbler competitors eat their lunch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines