Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issue printing PDF booklet

New Here ,
Feb 12, 2024 Feb 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I'm trying to print a 166 page pdf booklet from Adobe Acrobat Pro to a Canon ir-adv c5535 iii. It's a guidebook and simply needs text on both sides so that when I fold it over once it's a nice booklet. 

If I try and print the entire booklet - I get the Progress dialogue box, which attempts to flatten and after an eternity the dialogue box disappears. I've tried 'print as image' however when I do this, instead of printing text on two sides, it prints as four pages per page. 

If I try and print sections of the booklet it prints completely fine. I've tried as many as up to the first 50 pages and it works perfectly. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! 

TOPICS
Modern Acrobat , PDF , PDF forms , Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2024 Feb 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Make sure you have the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Pro and the printer driver installed on your computer. You can check for updates from the Help menu in Acrobat or from the printer manufacturer’s website. In the Print dialog box, click Booklet under the Page Sizing & Handling section. Then, in the Booklet Subset pop-up menu, select Both Sides (duplex printers) if your printer supports automatic duplex printing, or Front Side Only / Back Side Only (for non-duplex printers) if your printer requires manual duplex printing12. In the Print dialogue box, click Properties and select the correct paper tray and any other options as necessary. For example, you may need to choose a different paper size or orientation, or enable borderless printing.

If the flattening process takes too long or causes errors, you can try to reduce the complexity of the PDF file by optimizing it or removing unnecessary elements. You can use the Optimize PDF tool or the Preflight tool in Acrobat to do this.

If none of the above solutions work, you can try to print the PDF file as an image instead of as a booklet. To do this, in the Print dialogue box, click Advanced and select Print As Image. Then, in the Page Sizing & Handling section, select Multiple and choose 2 pages per sheet. Make sure the Orientation is set to Landscape and the Page Order is set to Horizontal. This way, you can print two pages on one side of the paper, and then flip and print the other side manually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines