• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Just updated to Windows 11, now only Acrobat Reader will open even though I have a pro subscription

New Here ,
Feb 28, 2023 Feb 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I just updated to Windows 11, and installed Adobe Acrobat.  The website forced me to install Adobe Creative Cloud, and insists I use that to install all apps.  It says it has installed Adobe Acrobat, and there is no "Pro" option available.  I am able to edit pdfs online using the cloud based version of the software, but the desktop app version will only open adobe acrobat reader, so I cannot edit a pdf unless I use the web based version.  Did they get rid of the acrobat pro desktop app, or do I need to do something to use that instead of the reader?  I have tried setting my defaults, etc., and they do not show it as "reader" they simply say "adobe acrobat".

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Acrobat is the new name for Acrobat Pro. A lot of rebranding going on.

Why do you say it's Acrobat Reader ... can you show a screen shot of it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure,

When I open the desktop version (Adobe Acrobat) I only have 6 tools available.  I have tried viewing all tools, and searching.  I cannot edit pdf, organize pages, redact, etc.  Only view, and request signatures.  See attached screenshot.  At the top it says Adobe Acrobat Reader.  However, when I launch creative cloud, this is the only thing that opens.  

When I access the web version, I can use all the tools.  When I click download desktop application, it sends me to adobe creative cloud, and creative cloud says I have Adobe Acrobat installed, not Adobe Reader.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, just FYI, when I search my installed apps, I do not see Adobe Reader anywhere.  Same when I open Creative Cloud to see what apps I have installed.  Adobe Reader is not listed anywhere, and I do not seem to be able to uninstall adobe reader.  I also do not have it as an option in my default preferences.  In all of these places, I can only select Adobe Acrobat.  However, every time I open a pdf, it says Adobe Acrobat Reader at the top, and will not let me edit a pdf.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update:  Just uninstalled the whole thing and re-installed and now it works fine.  Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2023 Jul 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you uninstalled the "whole thing," was that the entire Adobe Creative Cloud? Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 13, 2023 Jul 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sometimes just signing out of the Creative Cloud app and signing back in can work. 

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines