• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keyboard short for Acrobat "Add text comment" tool?

Explorer ,
Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the latest Windows version of Acrobat and I use the "Add text comment" (Typewriter) tool a lot (not the Text box" tool).  I've looked at the Acrobat shortcuts Web page and cannot find a shortcut for it.  Can someone please tell me what it is?  Thanks 🙂

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 11, 2020 Aug 11, 2020

There is no shortcut for this tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not all tools have a shortcut.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

++ Adding to the discussion

You may also take a look at the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/using/keyboard-shortcuts.html  and see if that works for you.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But you can add it to custom quick tools. Here is a video that can help: How to Customize Toolbars in Acrobat DC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 11, 2020 Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank all of you for your input.  However, what I had hoped for was a definitive answer that simply provided the shortcut or stated that there was no shortcut for this tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 11, 2020 Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no shortcut for this tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2023 Nov 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Benevolet Diety: I wish to be able to walk a long time without anything hurting; have no wrinkles; remember everything from my past, and have a shortcut to "Add Text". Unfortunately, those things do not exist!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2021 Aug 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this is an old thread, but I sure wish this shortcut was availabe. Like the OP, I use "Add Text" all the time. Yes, I had already added it to my toolbar - but I am so often coming from another Adobe product - Illustrator or Photoshop - and without thinking will hit the T for text and, unfortunately, that opens the Edit Text tool. Frustrating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Fayster

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble.

You may submit your feedback to the engineering team using the link - https://acrobat.uservoice.com/

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2023 May 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I had the same issue like you and I looked up in adobe shortcuts and surfed the net but I couldn't catch anything worthy. However I kept testing all the keys of keyboard in Adobe acrobat DC pro and found something intresting. If you press W key then switch it to another tool by shift+W, you might be able to type and it works as finely as add text comment tool. Just give it a try and let me know whether it worked or not.

Hope you enjoy it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 30, 2023 May 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, just W worked for me. Not sure  if it's new or if the answers above were incorrect. Thanks Hossein!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2023 Nov 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Neither W nor Shift+W do anything in my Acrobat Pro 2020 application 😞  I'm hoping Adobe will implement an appropriate shortcut by 2030 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines