Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Latest update of Adobe Acrobat Pro is an absolute disaster

Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2023 Apr 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I am trying to write a complaint email but of course, no contact details in this regard, so here I am:

what on earth is going on with this new update of Adobe Acrobat Pro that normally it's supposed to be more user friendly - news flash, it's not - and appart from this, there is this new awful feature that blocks the app whenever I try to handle documents, the app blocks, I can't close, I can't do anything, it just freezes. The only thing that gets me out of there is task manager, and then starting over again.

I did this 3 times, making me losing around 10 minutes for an edit that normally, before this horrible update, it was taking me few seconds... Come on guys WAKE UP!

TOPICS
Modern Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , Sep 05, 2023 Sep 05, 2023

Hi All!

We appreciate your valuable feedback! We're always looking for ways to make Acrobat better, and we appreciate the time and effort you have taken to share your feedback with us.

We acknowledge that the new Acrobat represents a notable change, however we hope that as you get familiar with the new interface, you are able to be more productive & get more out of Acrobat. With the new interface, we aim to:

1. Provide a simplified viewing experience that helps reduce clutter & optimise it for

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Sep 08, 2023 Sep 08, 2023

Hi there,

Hope you are doing well.

We acknowledge that the new Acrobat represents a notable change; however, we hope that as you get familiar with the new interface, you can be more productive and get more out of Acrobat.

We are actively working on all the suggestions, and we will address them with the highest priority.

As you get more comfortable with the new interface, please contact us with specific questions on tools, features, or functionalities. We’re happy to provide helpful resou

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 333 Replies 333
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2023 Sep 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe, of ALL apps, Acrobat was the one that needed to change the LEAST. People literally only use it to combine files, make a pdf, shift pages on the sidebar, save and close. We don't need every tiny feature known to mankind, especially when the few good features we did need threw themselves into subfolders or disappeared entirely. I tried to shuffle my page order on the side, and now it makes my entire document disappear when I have to change the order of said pages. This entire update made the app worse. I swear, I breath too hard now and Acrobat is like PERFORMING PAGE RECOGNITION. I don't even have a File-Save As feature on the top like any...other....app....ever. I'm sure it exists SOMEWHERE, but it's not easy to find and I'm losing time on this. Somehow the new interface reads more like a gimmicky phone or iPad app, without the intuitive, easy-to-master design that even cheap apps have. People don't have time to relearn your stupid apps every update. Acrobat was working fine, and if you needed to add new features, why didn't you just... add new features without changing the entire holistic interface design of Acrobat itself. Fixing things that aren't broken by making the fixed thing...broken instead. Totally useless, complete regression in design, non-intuitive. Did your company restructure or something? Is this new AI hype in Photoshop making the head honchos over there think that every app under the Adobe umbrella must also be completely changed as well, to keep up? Why did this gradiose oversight happen in the firstplace... I would love to know. All of this is just my personal opinion, but lord.... what a colossal travesty hahaha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 11, 2023 Sep 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can still disable the new version and go back to the old version—for
now at least.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2023 Sep 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed. I can't use this new interface at all. Combining documents and moving pages is impossible. Bring back the old interface. This new version is almost entirely useless to me and my office. The prior interface was user-friendly. This new one is horrible and not worth paying for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI-I just called customer service, which was helpful. You can go to Menu (the three lines top left) and drop down to disable the new version and it prompts you to select "restart" button and the older version appears! Thank goodness! Hopefully they will stick with the older, user-friendly version long term.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!  That was easy - I was dreading uninstalling and reinstalling today- but GEEZ could not use it anymore.  I had such trouble just selecting the page thumbnails.  Whew thumbnails on the LEFT and pages are easy to select.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2023 Nov 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This app is useless at this point. Cant open files, constantly crashing. Nevermind the lack of intuitive interface, it doesn't even function. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2023 Sep 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Making it impossible to see both pages pane and comments pane simultaneously. Why?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2023 Sep 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wanted to add my 2 cents somewhere - the latest update of Acrobat is a DISASTER. Went from a simple interface to HORRENDOUS. I've been a software engineer for over 25 years and this might be the worst interface change I have ever experienced. I normally like Adobe products, but this one is beyond comprehension. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2023 Sep 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a big issue with the appearance which looked very modern but wasn't very intuitive or user friendly. Then I discovered that you can easily "Disable New Acrobat" and before you can say "New Adobe is Ugly" it is out with the old, in with the new....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

omg thank you for this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2023 Sep 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't find the "Disable New Acrobat" option on my Windows box. Someone mentioned a hamburger menu on the upper left, but I don't have one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Sep 27, 2023 Sep 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disable New Experience.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I AGREE 1 MILLION Times!!!!!!!!!!!!!  IT IS TERRIBLE.  Bring back the older version PLEASE

PLEASE

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot describe how awful this new version operates.  I have an incredibly expensive Lenovo that I got for work years ago because of its speed.  Nothing has ever caused my computer to move so slow.  As soon as I begin editing a pdf in adobe which use to be a breeze, my computer begins to basically over exert itself trying to deal with such a problem ridden program.  Please just give us back the old version before everyone just decides to use something else instead thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2023 Sep 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it is horrible.... slowing work productivity to a standstill... cannot erase anything  unusable even after fixes and re-install...AWFUL....FIX IT NOW

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2023 Sep 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree it is terrible.   The new update is not at all friendly for people who use a keyboard.  To use it, you have to take your hands off the keyboard and use a mouse which I don't use at all.  I knew every keystroke before.  To close a document it was simply Alt+F+C.  For those familiar with the keystrkes we have that done before you could move your hands to a mouse.  Now, you cannot even close a document without taking your hands off the keyboard.  It is very very slow.  Very unhappy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't even figure out where to start to express my anger over this mess of an update. How can something like this even be allowed to be released? Who on earth came up with this interface? Is there no accountability over there anymore. Put down the tablet, get back to your desk in your office at an actual work station and fix this useless piece of junk. I have reverted backt to the old interface for now but our team is actively looking for a better product now.

Looks like you need to shake up the staff folks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let us know if you find an alternative to Adobe.
[PI removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2023 Oct 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BlueBeam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2023 Sep 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Come on Adobe!!!!  Terrible, backward, disappointing, Acrobat update.     

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2023 Sep 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree... absolute shite!

Constant page refeshing... I can't even see what has been updated other than moving the tool bars... so frustrating!
We pay a helll of a lot of muney to use these apps... rubbish!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2023 Sep 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have never commented on something like this before. However, this update begs a reply. The update seems to have done away with every useful feature of Adobe AND hides all the tools. Simple tasks like highlighting text are now impossible.

Is there some way to rever to the previous interface?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 05, 2023 Oct 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click on the word or select the phrase you want to highlight with your mouse.  An interface should automatically pop up that shows various tools including highlighting.  Select highlight and it's done.  Could not be simpler once you know how it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2023 Sep 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. There is. Click the hamburger (drop-down) menu on the far top left corner. Near the bottom you will see something like "disable" the new version. I do not know how long it will work.

Obviously, Adobe hired people who either: 1. Do not understand how the product is used in business, 2. Hate Adobe and are trying to kill the brand, or 3. Both.

Dorothea L. Vidal

[P.I Removed by Moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines