Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Latest update of Adobe Acrobat Pro is an absolute disaster

Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2023 Apr 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I am trying to write a complaint email but of course, no contact details in this regard, so here I am:

what on earth is going on with this new update of Adobe Acrobat Pro that normally it's supposed to be more user friendly - news flash, it's not - and appart from this, there is this new awful feature that blocks the app whenever I try to handle documents, the app blocks, I can't close, I can't do anything, it just freezes. The only thing that gets me out of there is task manager, and then starting over again.

I did this 3 times, making me losing around 10 minutes for an edit that normally, before this horrible update, it was taking me few seconds... Come on guys WAKE UP!

TOPICS
Modern Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , Sep 05, 2023 Sep 05, 2023

Hi All!

We appreciate your valuable feedback! We're always looking for ways to make Acrobat better, and we appreciate the time and effort you have taken to share your feedback with us.

We acknowledge that the new Acrobat represents a notable change, however we hope that as you get familiar with the new interface, you are able to be more productive & get more out of Acrobat. With the new interface, we aim to:

1. Provide a simplified viewing experience that helps reduce clutter & optimise it for

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Sep 08, 2023 Sep 08, 2023

Hi there,

Hope you are doing well.

We acknowledge that the new Acrobat represents a notable change; however, we hope that as you get familiar with the new interface, you can be more productive and get more out of Acrobat.

We are actively working on all the suggestions, and we will address them with the highest priority.

As you get more comfortable with the new interface, please contact us with specific questions on tools, features, or functionalities. We’re happy to provide helpful resou

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 299 Replies 299
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 19, 2023 Apr 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bianca29482777pvwb,

Thank you for reaching out.

Please try the troubleshooting steps provided in the following help document: https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/troubleshoot-system-errors-freezes-windows.html.

If you are experiencing issues with the new Acrobat experience, please refer to the information provided here: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/new-acrobat-experience.html.

If the step suggested does not help, please share more information on what happened.

- Share the steps you do when the application window freezes.

- Share the Acrobat and OS version numbers.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2023 Apr 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

none of these things work and I'm sorry but I'm not willing to go line by line through 5-10 pages, it's smth that you guys must fix, the way you updated this product please fix, you must have some reports as I always click send report so I dopn't care how you do it but I want it fixed.

I do not have time for research, getting an IT degree so I can fix your lacks....

It was working perfectly fine before and again, this new thing is anything but userfriendly 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

windows OS conf.pngAdobe plan.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2023 Sep 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have saved me with this note. The newest update is an absolute sewer-sucking dumpster fire that hides all useful functions behind some weird veneer of minimalism. As someone else said, including the "Disable New Acrobat" function is the most useful thing they did with the update. I never jump into these forums to post, but this latest had me mad enough to say my piece.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2023 Sep 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My new favorite phrase:  Sewer-sucking dumpster fire!!! I could not agree more.  This has cost me SO much valuable time. It's awful - no amount of "read this tutorial" will ever help it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2023 Sep 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I totally agree!  Been out of the office for a while, came back, disaster!  How do you delete stuff?!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2023 Nov 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I totally agree with this post. It is up to Adobe to fix Acrobat. The amount of time I have wasted omn the problem is unbelievable. I disabled the new Acrobat in the hope this would fix, but no luck. My problem is trying to view a HR PDF of a pull up banner at 100% – it just freezes. In fact @ 50% too. I shared my computer with the help team but it was suggested they uninstall all Adobe products and reinstall. AS everything else works, I did not go with this idea so am no further forward. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 26, 2024 Apr 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Totally agree.

The new version is missing the "Complementary tools" (the toolbar with all the folder-level scripts) and breaks menu customization (since now there is only one new MenuItem 'AV2::HamburgerMenu')

Please give us back the toolbar and a fallback to app.addMenuItem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 26, 2024 Apr 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another point: in the old interface you could open the Tools tab, hover over the "Add" button of premium tools and choose "More info" to know what it does. Now you only have the payment page, with no links to any info-advertising pages..

I guess they're confident we'll click-and-pay at first sight.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

from your wannabe helpful links:

• To enable the new experience, go to View > Enable new Acrobat and click Restart.
  • To disable the new experience,
    • Windows: Click the hamburger menu (   ) at the upper left corner and choose Disable new Acrobat.
    • macOS: Go to View > Disable new Acrobat

GO TO VIEW WHERE, IN ADOBE, ONLINE ACCOUNT, WINDOWS, WHERE?????

LOSING TIME AGAIN AS WE SPEAK...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2023 Jul 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "Disable new Acrobat" tool is the best tool available in the newest version of Acrobat!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2023 Aug 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!!!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2023 Aug 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2023 Sep 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!  I was almost to tears with this new update.  It felt like I was starting over trying to figure out a new product.  Now I can get back to work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2024 Apr 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!!! I haven't been able to open a pdf without Acrobat crashing for weeks! I can now open them again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2023 Aug 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are my saviour! I absolutely hated the new Acrobat, as they'd hidden the edit tools under an extra click which was taking me loads longer to do edits on documents. Now I have the old version back 😄 Thank you!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2023 Aug 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Holy cow!! Best post ever!  "Disable new Acrobat" is the light!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2023 Aug 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hate to complain, as I help build software and know it can be frustrating, but this last update has terrible UI.  It seems as though Adobe hired the same people at Activision/Blizzard to create the new update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They appear to have taken on too much at once. These changes should have been made over time and not one massive dump with no tools to figure out the new format. I have switched back to the old version and hope I stay there and don't get auto update every night.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree 100%. Nothing looks familiar other than the logo. They should have done updates in separate releases or get feedback from users inside staging environments before changing the whole layout.

Hopefully they take this as a learning experience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WOW thank you - and Adobe, you should be shamed of yourselves.  You changed things for the sake of changing things. Moving the menu to the other side of the screen?  WHY?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

I do a lot of scanning pages, and then I like to redact each page into new files.  The new version requires me to go back and find the file I want to save the page or pages in.  A big hassle.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2023 Sep 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU ! You saved me from this freezing nightmare

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2023 Nov 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for this! I've been trying everything to get the canvas color to change back to gray without changing EVERYTHING in the document... this is the only way!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines