Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Latest update of Adobe Acrobat Pro is an absolute disaster

Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2023 Apr 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I am trying to write a complaint email but of course, no contact details in this regard, so here I am:

what on earth is going on with this new update of Adobe Acrobat Pro that normally it's supposed to be more user friendly - news flash, it's not - and appart from this, there is this new awful feature that blocks the app whenever I try to handle documents, the app blocks, I can't close, I can't do anything, it just freezes. The only thing that gets me out of there is task manager, and then starting over again.

I did this 3 times, making me losing around 10 minutes for an edit that normally, before this horrible update, it was taking me few seconds... Come on guys WAKE UP!

TOPICS
Modern Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , Sep 05, 2023 Sep 05, 2023

Hi All!

We appreciate your valuable feedback! We're always looking for ways to make Acrobat better, and we appreciate the time and effort you have taken to share your feedback with us.

We acknowledge that the new Acrobat represents a notable change, however we hope that as you get familiar with the new interface, you are able to be more productive & get more out of Acrobat. With the new interface, we aim to:

1. Provide a simplified viewing experience that helps reduce clutter & optimise it for

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Sep 08, 2023 Sep 08, 2023

Hi there,

Hope you are doing well.

We acknowledge that the new Acrobat represents a notable change; however, we hope that as you get familiar with the new interface, you can be more productive and get more out of Acrobat.

We are actively working on all the suggestions, and we will address them with the highest priority.

As you get more comfortable with the new interface, please contact us with specific questions on tools, features, or functionalities. We’re happy to provide helpful resou

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 334 Replies 334
Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2023 May 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar problem. I have Adobe Acrobat version XI and it stopped working, and I decided to go to my Acrobat account and download it again, but I can only get the last version. Thus, I installed the new version, which is with all respect a completely different "animal" and I cannot find the way to reinstall my toolbar in the way it was before. Now I have menu bars at all borders, left, right, top, and with options I really do not need. I am trying to recover my original settings and I cannot do it and all I get are options I do not need. It appears someone decided to completely change the configuration and tools of Acorbat and it is extremely unconsiderate to force us to use these change, they aere not helpgul at all; I do not have the time to learn again how to use this new program, which I have used for more than 30 years now. Please, advice on how to recover the original toolbar. 

Thank you,

Paco

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe <supposedly> gave us the option to use the old UI:

• Click the three horizontal lines in the upper-left corner beside "Menu"
  • Click "Disable new Acrobat"

When I do that I get the old UI, but after that every single click just gives me the internal error and locks me up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2023 Sep 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that info.  I reverted to the previous version.  This software, besides the terrible UI, is non-functional.  I am an old enough to remember the debacle of "new Coca-Cola" where the company released a 'new' version, and the well-deserved backlash was immediate and strident. It was a grand instance of unannounced user Beta testing. I guess Adobe does not read about the history of failed product 'improvements'.  Go figure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the chance to get tech support.  Until they have a fix, they made me do the following (*disclaimer try and do at your own risk - I know nothing about what this all means):

1) Close all Apps

2) Go to C:\Users\YouruserName\AppData\Local\Adobe\Acrobat\DC

3) Cut the file UserCache64.bin

4) Paste it somewhere you can find it in case it doesnt work.

5) Hopefully, enjoy Acrobat again.

It works fine for me since.

Good Luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you SKlunk and nathaliedoo1966, but I am sorry to say it did not work. The only thing I was able to do is to disable the new Acrobat, but still get options that I cannot place in the toop tool bar. I decided to remove the new Acrobat and try to reinstall my older version Acrobat XI, but I keep getting n "Error 1606. Could not access network location" in my OneDrive/Pictures folder."  This is very frustraiting. I have paid for my Adobe XI license and I have the right to continue using it, I do not want a new program with a completely new configuration, this problem is wasting my time and I have a lot work to do.  This people who reconfigure programs think that we  all have to avide to their way of thinking and force us to use their new versions without any considerations to their users. I am 74 years old and it is very difficult for me to get adapted to the new generation of IT thinkers who are trying to create new versions because they consider themselves as little Gods.  

Is there any way somoen can help me to reinstall my Adobe XI version and get rid of the Error 1606? I have found this error in the web and all the solutions suggested do not work. I have even uninstalled Microsoft Office and nothing.

Thank you,

Paco

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try posting your own thread.  It should flag Adobe's Tech Support.  In here you are in someone else's problem.  When I mentioned I was at the point of cancelling my subscription, it went pretty fast (within 4-5 days to completely solve my situation).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Nathalie.

Paco

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2023 Jun 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I absolutely agree. The latest version is a disaster. Bad interface, slow & tons or glitches. I keep reporting errors but I don't think it produces any results. Is there a way to go back? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2023 Jun 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

COMPLETE DISASTER - I agree! - but with Windows.
Why does it take so long to open Acrobat Pro on Windows 11 anyway?
And when it finally opens a document it hiccups and says "application is not responding"?
... I've actually had similar problems on Windows 10...
Every time I have to use Acrobat Pro I prepare a schedule because I know that only 15 to 20 minutes after launching the App it will be working properly. Then it's fine... unless you need to open a new doc! Then it hiccups and takes a few minutes before anyone can use it.
I've actually never had any problems with Acrobat on the MacIntosh!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 01, 2023 Jul 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New Acrobat has one great option. Look at menu VIEW [or WINDOW I don't rememeber] and find option DISABLE NEW ACROBAT. That is the best in this new disaster from Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2023 Aug 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2023 Jul 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Bianca29482777pvwb,

Seconds ago, after an agonizing session with Adobe Acrobat Pro (Build: 23.3.20244.0), I searched the web for: "Adobe Acrobat Pro is a complete disaster." I've taken too much time today to explain all the problems, but in the meantime, suffice it to say that AAP ain't no Microsoft Word, even for the simplest text editing.

Thanks for your post, and I hope you wake the guys UP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2023 Jul 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WORSE THAN THE WORST ADOBE ACROBAT UPDATE EVER! So here's the newest upgraded features of Adobe Acrobat Pro, the update that you cannot opt out of: 1) I get an error printing every single document since the "upgrade" 2) The new interface menus are atrocious, no rhyme or reason to the layout  3) When I do Scan/OCR, it skews all my images instead of deskewing them, to the point you need to tilt your head 20 degrees for it to be straight  4) On my last master document, the one I absolutely cannot lose, I did a Scan/OCR in an attempt to do some edits. Well, at the end of the 64 page scan, it says "there was an error with the image", made all my pages black screen, and like an idiot, I accidentally selected Save Changes when it asked me to before closing the document to try again. Now I lost my master copy and cannot get it back.  Thanks Adobe, keep up the terrific "upgrades"!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jul 17, 2023 Jul 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can disable it.

mariahweyne_0-1689608343942.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2023 Sep 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing this! I have been using Adobe for document remediation since 2017 and the new update is completely useless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2023 Jul 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing difficulty scanning something. I cannot locate where to insert the page. The setup seems overly complicated; it should be more user-friendly. I may consider reverting to an older version if available. This issue is causing me a great deal of frustration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2023 Aug 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm SO frustrated with the new Adobe Acrobat Pro interface I could absolutely SCREAM at the top of my lungs! What an absolutely nightmare.  Thanks Adobe. You took something that was working perfectly fine and decided "you know what, we're gonna absolutely SCREW over our customers" and basically dropped a whole different software program on us. VERY customer friendly... which of course is sarcasm but based on what I'm seeing from Adobe needs to be explained. WHAT A MESS!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Aug 04, 2023 Aug 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jsut disable it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2023 Aug 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DITTO!!!!  AND I

NEED THIS FOR 95% OF MY JOB DUTIES!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While it shouldn't have been automatically activated, it's easy enough to turn off (and on). Did you read any of the posts?

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but how easy it is to 'disable' it isn't the point. We pay for this app and shouldn't have to disable it simply because it's a worse version than what we origianlly purchased.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 23, 2023 Aug 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disable is the wrong word to use. You can activate or deactivate the new interface.

Paying for Acrobat Pro is not part of this issue. If you wanted a "frozen" product, you should turn off auto updates under preferences. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe itself uses the phrase 'Disable/Enable new Acrobat'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the correction. I was referring to the post that made it sound as if Acrobat was being disabled and something about paying for it. I didn't do a very good job of explaining it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured out how to Disable the new UI about 15 minutes after the first update.  If you go back up and read my post from May 15 you will see that when I do that Adobe crashes.

I absolutely HATE the new UI, but my initial problem request was because I couldn't turn it off as instructed.  This still doesn't work!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines