Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Latest update of Adobe Acrobat Pro is an absolute disaster

Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2023 Apr 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I am trying to write a complaint email but of course, no contact details in this regard, so here I am:

what on earth is going on with this new update of Adobe Acrobat Pro that normally it's supposed to be more user friendly - news flash, it's not - and appart from this, there is this new awful feature that blocks the app whenever I try to handle documents, the app blocks, I can't close, I can't do anything, it just freezes. The only thing that gets me out of there is task manager, and then starting over again.

I did this 3 times, making me losing around 10 minutes for an edit that normally, before this horrible update, it was taking me few seconds... Come on guys WAKE UP!

TOPICS
Modern Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , Sep 05, 2023 Sep 05, 2023

Hi All!

We appreciate your valuable feedback! We're always looking for ways to make Acrobat better, and we appreciate the time and effort you have taken to share your feedback with us.

We acknowledge that the new Acrobat represents a notable change, however we hope that as you get familiar with the new interface, you are able to be more productive & get more out of Acrobat. With the new interface, we aim to:

1. Provide a simplified viewing experience that helps reduce clutter & optimise it for

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Sep 08, 2023 Sep 08, 2023

Hi there,

Hope you are doing well.

We acknowledge that the new Acrobat represents a notable change; however, we hope that as you get familiar with the new interface, you can be more productive and get more out of Acrobat.

We are actively working on all the suggestions, and we will address them with the highest priority.

As you get more comfortable with the new interface, please contact us with specific questions on tools, features, or functionalities. We’re happy to provide helpful resou

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 302 Replies 302
Community Beginner ,
Aug 22, 2023 Aug 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was a trauma experience. everything is changed. NO more user friendly but thank god you have provided the previous verison otehrwise I will thinking what could be the substitute ...and then I will thning to use pirated old versions. Please please never force us to use your such new acrobat. it is just a horror

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2023 Aug 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

instructions on how to go back to the previous version, Please please please

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2023 Aug 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@leonard31865922dtbq Click the hamburger menu (  ) at the upper left corner and choose "Disable new Acrobat"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2023 Sep 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!!! New adobe is not user friendly and I wanted out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2024 Apr 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you so much!!!! I was not able to use ANY of the fill in fields on my forms since the most recent update and i use a ton of fill in forms.  i had to select a prior field and tab to the one one i wanted, not user friendly at all.  i was getting very frustrated and you saved me much agony!!!! I see this is an old post from you but it saved me today!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2023 Sep 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree and the rest of my office also agrees that the new Adobe rollout is a disaster!!  I wonder if the people that create this stuff actually work in Adobe?  For those of us that use Adobe a lot, your new update is awful and not at all user friendly and more clicks to get anything done.  You also took out the "save as local" for those of us that use icloud based management systems, we must have the "save as local".  The majority of us like having the tools show up on the right.  Please do not make this a final update that everyone will have to use.  My office will be using another program if this happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2024 Jan 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How many times can Acrobat crash in one day? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2024 Jan 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes - a change to another program is imminent. It is unbeleivably frustrating to have such an incredible disruption for the worst. Disruption is usally for the better right? Wondering what program will disrupt the defunct Adobe into a usable program. I have used Adobe programs since the late 80's, yep i was an early adaptor, and have been loyal since--that has now changed, almost irreversibly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 19, 2023 Apr 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe, by the way have no support or complaint email.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, pshaw!  Perhaps they have no support, but they do have high monthly fees -- getting higher with yearly frequency while delivering less services, so that's something, right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 20, 2023 Apr 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Bianca29482777pvwb 

Thanks for reaching us out.

Can you please share the acrobat version and OS version to reproduce this issue?

Also, please specify your previous Acrobat version before updating to new UI.

As far as I am able to understand from the screenshot shared, seems like you are stuck in the onboarding phase. Let us know the scenario when it happened for you.

-Bhawna.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2023 Apr 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guys, I am quite busy with my work, job, etc.

It is beyond frustrating to do YOUR WORK as well. You update smth, fine, I am not an IT person, I want to click a button and that update to occur, I do not have time to check if my previous Adobe was 1234350i064680 and is Adobe 34utoy35w6 I couldn;t care less, I pay a subscription that now is making me lose time ergo money because as we speak for more than an hour I am trying to update a pdf with Adobe Acrobat reader pro, which again, it was taking me less than 3mins and now I constantly need to have this annoying useless pop up saying that Adobe is encountering trouble shooting issues or w/e and it;s closing my work, and need to start again... come on

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as they are concerned, it IS your job to do THEIR job for them.  Get with  the program!  (Sarcastic, of course.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

windows OS conf.pngAdobe plan.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just so you know, you can (for the time being) turn off the new UI and make it look like it used to. There's something on the hamburger menu (yes, ludicrous name) at top left to do this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what hamburger menu, again where, in adobe, in windows settings on Mars?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the new UI experience there is no menu bar, by design. But there is a hamburger button. This is an icon with three lines in it, we're all supposed to insinctively know what this means.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamburger_button

If you have the traditional menu (File, Edit, View etc.) across the top of the window, you don't have the new UI experience, you don't have a hamburger button, and there is nothing to turn off 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm stuck as well, losing time on this situation.  The hamburger menu is three lines one above the other within Adobe.  But I'm guessing you don't even get to see that view ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 26, 2023 Apr 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Bianca29482777pvwb 

We are aligned to your concerns. 

Just for quick workaround, in case you are stuck on onboarding again, we have implemeted Escape onboarding functionality which you can get away by pressing  'Esc' key. Additionally you can quit the app and relaunch acrobat. 

We have logged a ticket for the same and working on it since this is quite intermittent. We can schedule a call as well to debug this issue.

Let us know if issue still persists.

Best,

Bhawna.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2023 Jun 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Bhawna-

To add to the conversation, I am using Windows 10 and Adobe Acrobat Pro DC. I could not find the version for a VERY long time, because in the middle of the workday, Acrobat suddenly changed appearance, removed all my toolbars and preferences, and I could not even find the Help > About Acrobat menu to find the version.  I finally did, and it's ... well, impossible to copy/paste, memorize, or even keep open while I'm typing. I'll put a screenshot. Hopefully it will persist.

sunshinec48258238_0-1688081309216.png

The new display is flipped right to left (tools on left, pages on right), offers ONLY vertical toolbars as far as I can tell, and has removed ALL of my carefully prepared settings. I now would have had to completely relearn the software before I can complete a project...that's due in an hour.  NOT GOOD.  There was no warning, I did not initiate an update, reboot or turn off my computer. This is a BIG change.  I am very, very grateful for the "disable new Acrobat" button, and I hope that I can keep it forever.  I have to assume that it will eventually not be available, but I will use it as long as I can.  In the meantime, all of my toolbars have been deleted and I still have to completely remake my interface.  That is an expensive loss of professional time.  Boo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 28, 2023 Aug 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was in the middle of presenting a tgree dau training session and this pulled the rug out from under me. No warning, no advanced training. Just in the middle of the day  it changed to this mess while necand my students tried to figure out how to move forward. It was very  inconciderate of adobe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2023 Dec 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! It works and I couldn't be happier 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 28, 2023 Aug 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just do the world a favor and trash the revision we never asked for! Why did you move the bookmarks to the right? It's difficult to find and use any tools. Did you send s communication out to all users that pay your heafty annual subscription on how to relearn your néw software ? Please send it to me! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2023 Apr 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just managed to do that , managed to dissable the new one!!!! I'm kind of happy again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2023 Sep 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see the disable option in my View.  How do I go back to the previous version?

Thank you.

Barbara

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines