• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Layers

New Here ,
May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've a PDF with layers, some of which I need to turn off (its a sewing pattern with size layers). I open in Acrobat and go to Layers but no layers show up in the list. If I hit the drop down box, all the options for Layers are greyed out except for "Import as Layer'. 

I have done this many times before successfully, have had no problem. Just doesn't work now. I'm working in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC (32 bit). 

Any tips please, driving me nuts!!

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your PDF file has no layers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 10, 2022 May 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess you forgot to tick the "Export Layers" option when you created the PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried opening the file on another computer?  If you see your layers in another installation of Acrobat, then you may need to run a Repair Installation.  As others have stated, this particular file may not actually have been created with layers transferring over to the PDF. Can you see the Layers panel, and it's blank?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If this is a pattern you paid for, and it is supposed to have layers, let the seller know. They may have forgotten to click the right button. Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines