• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Make new signature appearance the default

New Here ,
Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Adobe Acrobat DC. I have created a new signature appearance under Edit-Preferences-Signatures-Creation&Appearance-More and that worked fine. However, when I go to sign a document, I have to select that new signature from the Appearance drop-down list. "Standard Text" is the default signature in that list. There used to be a way to make a new signature appearance the default signature so that you did not have to pick it from a list but I cannot find that option anymore. How can you make the new signature appearance the default signature in the Appearance drop-down list?

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that.

Adobe Acrobat remembers the selection you make from the appearance drop-down list so that the next time you want to apply the digital signature it will select your custom appearance as default.

Also, make sure you have the recent version 22.1.20085 installed. Goto Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

You may also try to reset the Acrobat preferences as described here https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-defau...

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree that is how it used to work, that it woud remember the last appearance selected. Not now. I go in, sign and save a document. Exit out, go back in and it is back to the default Standard Text appearance. Multiple users with same issue. I'm in an enterprise environment so I cannot upgrade. Currently running version 2021.011.20039. Preferences reset did not help. Is there a registry key or pref file that can be edited to specify a certain appearance as the default? If the app was working "normally" there would have to be somewhere it stored that information, right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 01, 2022 Apr 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

Please try to get in touch with the IT at your work to get the application updated to the recent version 22.1.20085 and reboot the computer once and check.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines