• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Make Stamp with Transparent Background

Community Beginner ,
Dec 24, 2008 Dec 24, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How does one create a stamp in Acrobat with a transparent background, so it can be stamped over a document and can still see what's in the background?
Thx
Larry

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the opacity option for an overlay stamp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but need some help. How do I find an overlay stamp and the options? Did a search and nothing came up. Thx.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 25, 2008 Dec 25, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After you apply the stamp, click Options->Properties on the Pop-Up Note. In the appearance tab, you'll find the opacity slider.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 25, 2008 Dec 25, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FAZAI,

Found it, but not intuitive.... thanks. BUT, when I do the slider, it makes the stamp AND the background transparent, so the stamp disappears. What am I doing wrong? Thx

Larry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2008 Dec 26, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Larry,

I get it, your looking for a stamp with an image that is clipped but not transparent. For instance, if you if you had a triangle shaped logo stamp, there wouldn't be a white box behind the triangle?

If so, it can be done by creating a custom stamp.

1. If you want to use an image for a stamp, open it in Photoshop and isolate the image on it's own layer. Don't flatten.

2. Save the image as a Photoshop PDF and make sure you have layers check box selected in the "Save As" dialog.

3. Next, go to Acrobat and under:Comments->Comment and Markup Tools->Stamps->Create Custom Stamp.

4. Browse for the layered Photoshop PDF, click okay.

5. Select a category for the stamp (you can create your own category by going to Comments->Comment and Markup Tools->Stamps->Manage Stamps) and name the stamp.

The new stamp should be waiting for you in the stamps palette.

You can do the same thing with vector graphics in Illustrator as well.

Lemme know if you have any questions.

Good luck,
Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2019 Sep 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to do this (create stamp that shows text through it) without Photoshop? I don't have the Photoshop application and I need to create the stamp to use for work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear tappedin62;

The best option i foind was not to use the stamp tool, but use the signiture tool. Just create a new signiture & add the stamp image to it, then it will remove the white background automatically. You are done 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2021 Dec 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brilliant! thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2024 Feb 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm new to stamps/signatures, etc.  Trying to create several different stamps for signatures of partners in our firm.  I found the 'sign' feature and have that done.  I'm confused as to what you mean by 'add the stamp image to it'.  And do you know if you can have several different signatures in Adobe?  thx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2008 Dec 30, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also do a search on Dynamic Stamps if you want dynamic content. That's a bit tricker, but very cool, nonetheless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2009 Jan 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"1. If you want to use an image for a stamp, open it in Photoshop and isolate the image on it's own layer. Don't flatten. "

How exactly you "isolate" the image? What is the best image format to start with?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2009 Jan 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"1. If you want to use an image for a stamp, open it in Photoshop and isolate the image on it's own layer. Don't flatten. "

How exactly you "isolate" the image? What is the best image format to start with, a PDF, JPEG, TIFF or what?

I tried to make it but result is still with non-transparent, white background.

Also - is there a way to remove the frame from stamp?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2009 Jan 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FWIW,

I figured this out.

Save the image, with a transparent background as a TIFF and select "Save Transparency" on the dialog box when saving.... WORKS!

THANKS for all the comments and help.

Larry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2009 Jan 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andrew, Here's tutorial which at least will explain a little better than I can: http://mainheading.com/how-to-isolate-an-image-with-photoshop-cs2/

That all being the same, if it's a quick and dirty graphic,

Photoshop:
1. Use the magic wand tool, select the background
2. Select->Inverse
3. Layer->New->Layer Via Copy

The image you selected should now be on it's own layer.

Delete the background layer.

Save as a Photoshop PDF with the layers button checked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2009 Apr 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks to everyone for their comments - works like a charm for me!  I just used the magic eraser in PShop to erase the background, and saved it in the default PDF settings with layers option on (PShop CS4) at high quality settings and created a custom stamp with the saved pdf in Acrobat8.  works like a charm!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 08, 2010 Mar 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was finally able to create a transparent signature by saving as a Photoshop PDF file, but the problem is that if my scan my signature at a high resolution (with the image being 1200x300 pixels), then the stamp is so huge I can't even see it all on the screen and have to work to resize it. If I resize the image before saving to 300x75, then it's so grainy that no one would ever believe it's a real signature. How can I get the high resolution but have the stamp be a reasonable size?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Mar 08, 2010 Mar 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

unless to used in Printpress 600dpi to start with is more than adaquate.  then try reducing the size  at that size first then Reduce to 300dpi. then you can reduce to a mangable size with Acrobat. ait would be better to use jpg format or png. or even tif.  stay away from the other formats.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2009 Jan 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but in CS4 Photoshop there is no magic wand....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Thanks, but in CS4 Photoshop there is no magic wand.... "

lol

You should look better than that 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 09, 2009 Jan 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Magic Wand tool is still there, hiding under the Quick Selection tool (which I think is actually more useful).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no Quick Selection tool in CS4.

😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need a stamp made with vector (Illustrator, InDesign, InkScape…), these are the only ones that allow the transparency of the background.

Anything made with pixels (Photoshop, GIMP…) cannot have a transparent background when imported in Acrobat, which does not support PNG nor GIF alpha chanel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines