• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Microsoft Office 2010 and Acrobat 9

Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2010 May 06, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a PC with Microsoft Office 2010 (RTM, not the beta) and Acrobat 9 Professional.  (They were installed in that order as well.)

There is no indication when you are in Word, PowerPoint, etc. that Acrobat is present.

Our company previously used Office 2003, and the PDF maker showed up in the form of toolbar buttons and menus.  But in Office 2010, I don't see anything.

When I go into the Word Options / Add-ins, PDF Maker is present, not disabled, but I'm not really sure how to use it within Word.

Anyone have any ideas?  Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , May 21, 2010 May 21, 2010

Bill is correct about this. The following article explains this problem further... http://ptihosting.com/blog/it-blog/microsoft-office-2010-rtm-and-adobe-acrobat-incompatible/

Votes

Translate

Translate
Aug 31, 2010 Aug 31, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that Acrobat 9 Pro no longer works with Office 2010.

I used to be able  to create PDF files from Word 2010 files using the Acrobat 9 Pro "Create > PDF from File" option, as described on the following Acrobat page,:

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/843/cpsid_84399.html

But now I get a Security Warning error message about "Office always trusting Macros from this source".

I've tried to flip the Security Level in Word 2010, but no luck.

I believe that MS released an update that clobbered the ability for Acrobat to create PDF files from Office 2010.

Does anybody else have this new problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat 9 has never been compatible with Office 2010. Some people have gotten it to work partially, but Adobe claims it is not compatible. I believe them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My understanding was that it worked with the beta version of 2010. Ever since the release, I don't think anyone has been successful. If that is the case, it makes one wonder if there was a last minute hook added to 2010 just for Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Michael's point just further reinforces the question as to why Adobe consistently fails its customers by consistently NOT keeping up-to-date with high headline updates to Office (i.e. 2010) even with its most recent product Acrobat 9 !

The mind boggles that a gigantic company like Adobe seems to want to play some kind of work-avoidance or victim role instead of simply doing its JOB and keeping its relatively expensive products up to date with vastly widespread programs like Office, with which Acrobat is used on a vast scale and such updates are therefore fundamental to millions of Adobe customers' well-being, and the omission of which by Adobe is a fundamental cogniscent failing by Adobe of its own customer base and its needs.  Instead of Adobe simply doing it JOB in a timely manner the licence paying customers are left resorting to wasting many thousands of hours of their own time (after having paid Adobe for the software) and make their own "fixes" (or spend many hours but still fail) and communicate them around with other users, instead of Adobe taking its responibilities seriously to its cusotmers and bringing out reliable patches in a timely fashion so that its customers' product remain smooth running.

Below is the "highly responsible" and "customer responsive" statement by Adobe (or its lawyers) regarding its LATEST version of Acrobat and the LATEST most up-to-date version of Office, several MONTHS after Office 2010 has been released:

"Adobe has not formally tested Acrobat 9 software with Microsoft Office 2010 applications, and does not certify the behavior of using the two programs together."

The complacement "hands-off" (i.e. 'we're not at all responsible for keeping our products up-to-date') attitude of Adobe to its loyal, paying customers who, through their licence fees pay ALL Adobe staff and management their salaries is, to say the least, highly irresponsible and is frankly staggering!

It is NOT our job to do Adobe's JOB.  It is, surprisingly, Their Job!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to reinforce the fact that Acrobat 9 DID work with my Word 2010 files on a Windows 7, 64-bit system (see my link from the Adobe site for details on how Acrobat works with Office 2010 files). However, Acrobat 9 was never ~integrated~ with Office 2010.

That said, Acrobat 9 no longer works with my Office 2010 files. This is after an MS update was automatically applied to my system.

I am not about to bang on Adobe WRT keeping up with MS updates--the packaging never did say that Acrobat is supported by Windows 7 or Office 2007 or Office 2010. However, the page I linked to DOES state that you can use Acrobat to create PDF files, which is what I'm trying to do, and why I paid Adobe $500 for the software.

While Word 2010 does have a Save As PDF option, the Word PDF creator does not work very well and the PDF files it creates for me cannot be viewed on Macs (I have a special font).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 01, 2010 Sep 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

> That said, Acrobat 9 no longer works with my Office 2010 files. This is after an MS update was automatically applied to my system.

So how is MS updating their system letting everyone blame Adobe for the problem. Adobe has a lot of software that needs to be updated because of Microsoft and Apple upgrading the 64 bit OS. And a lot of software companies are struggling with this issue.

It will resolve with time.

This is a user to user forum and there is very little the responders here can do.

Ever wonder why large organizations are not having this problem?

It is not that they are given special versions of software. They did their homework and may have bought one copy of the OS and software and found that it was not cost justifiable to make the move. That is why many are still using Windows XP and MS Office 2003 and Acrobat 8 or 9. Having to replace all the system units and software at one time is expensive, it takes a lot of time to test all the application software and develop replacement templates and macros unique to an organization, test all the mobile devices integration, and then you have the lost time with learning the new interface.

Does everyone understand why Windows XP is still being updated by Microsoft, even though 2 years ago they stated they would no longer support Windows XP?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines