• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mixed PDF printing cutting off legal documents!!!!!!

New Here ,
Jan 03, 2018 Jan 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im having a issue with printing a big packet of PDF mixed sized documents (legal & letter). I have a Brother HL-L5200dwt printer... and NO ITS NOT BROTHERS FAULT!!!! I've called them and downloaded the correct drivers... the documents will print the correct size if I do small batch.. but when printing a packet of 146 pages, it is cutting off 2-2.5 inches of the bottom and leaving 2-2.5 inches blank up top..as if it is printing the document too fast and the information is not catching up.. I need help.. FAST!!!!

TOPICS
Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jan 23, 2018 Jan 23, 2018

You may look into this if meenakshin83966505 's proposal does not fit your needs: https://www.kdmsoft.net/reverspdf.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Oct 10, 2019 Oct 10, 2019

Not fast -sorry but here's a solution I have discovered! I'm using a Mac Book Pro

HOW TO FIX THIS IN ADOBE READER -
1. Open the document in Adobe Reader.
2. Press and hold Shift Command (CTRL) then tap the + key twice.This will rotate all of the pages upside down. The page order will be the same and the documents won't get cut off.

This is a double fix because when they come off the printer not only are the legals not cut off but they're all stacked with the tops of the pages aligned. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2021 Jan 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Josh.  I ended up ordering a Windws laptop which I just received the other day.  I will spend this weekend setting it up and testing it out.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been trying to fix this with Acrobat for a while. I have a 27in iMac with Big Sur. I have not yet been able to print mix sized PDFs correctly. it is cutting off 2-2.5 inches of the bottom and leaving 2-2.5 inches blank up top. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have spent countless hours on the phone with Canon.  I have an image class and was using an old Mac.  So I purchased Windows PC.  Have every setting correct with the choose paper source by PDF paper size clicked and Actual Size clicked.  Paper installed correctly in printer.  Dedicated trays for letter and legal and STILL my document will print first letter correctly, first legal page correctly and then cut off the top 4 inches of all other legal pages.

Please help--I tried the shift, command ++ and didn't seem to change anything.

Really appreciate anyone finding a resolve.  Do I need a different PC?  I purchased Lenovo Intel Core i5 10th generation.  

Thanks very much for any suggestions!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bless your hearts for all that responded to this

The "Press and hold Shift Command (CTRL) then tap the + key twice."

WORKED PERFECTLY. This was so stressful to deal with. Thank you so much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines