• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Move Between Documents Keyboard Shortcut : Acrobat Pro DC

Explorer ,
Oct 20, 2015 Oct 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since updating to version 2015.009.20069 of Acrobat Pro DC on Mac Pro (late 2013), I am unable to use any keyboard shortcut to navigate between open documents. Prior to the most recent update to Acrobat Pro DC it was possible to navigate between open documents using keyboard shortcut. So, what has changed with the keyboard shortcut ?

Paul

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 21, 2015 Oct 21, 2015

Hi Paul,

Correct me if I am wrong but I believe that you want to open multiple documents (say 3) in acrobat and then switch between them (i.e. document 1 to document 2 and so on).

Since the version 2015.009.20069, multiple documents are opened as Tabs instead of Windows of Acrobat.

You can use Ctrl+Tab to switch to next tab and Ctrl+Shift+Tab to switch to previous tab.

Thanks,

Samarth

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 21, 2015 Oct 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paul,

Correct me if I am wrong but I believe that you want to open multiple documents (say 3) in acrobat and then switch between them (i.e. document 1 to document 2 and so on).

Since the version 2015.009.20069, multiple documents are opened as Tabs instead of Windows of Acrobat.

You can use Ctrl+Tab to switch to next tab and Ctrl+Shift+Tab to switch to previous tab.

Thanks,

Samarth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 21, 2015 Oct 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Samarth,

Many thanks for your response back about how to move between open documents using keyboard shortcuts between the tabs. I checked the the Adobe document named Acrobat Help / Keyboard Shortcuts and could not find any reference to this new keyboard shortcut so wonder if you could please arrange for an amendment to be made to reflect the change made after the 2015.009.20069 update ?

Regards,

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 23, 2015 Oct 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Duly noted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Mar 11, 2020 Mar 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i know this is supe rold and these things keep changing, but isnt it now " Command+ ` " (the key next to the Z). and hold shift to go in reverse order..

and within finder tabs its 'Control+tab'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks. but why is it different from all the other Adobe apps?! in all the apps it's command + ` and here control + tab... sisnce when we use control on mac even...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2022 Jul 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Too bad none of the shortcuts tried works when Acrobat is in full screen "Zen mode" with Ctrl+L.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 16, 2015 Nov 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tab Shift doesn't work if that's already being used to cycle through APPS in OS X (I believe that's the default). So, is there a way to modify the keyboard command in Acrobat DC to get it to work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2016 Jan 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no update for this? Over a year later and no response? Pathetic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 30, 2016 Sep 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only option I have found so far is to choose window > cascade. The tabbed files then become separate windows and you can use tab + ~ again to switch between them. It defeats the purpose of tabs in one window, but with full screen display of acrobat reader, this is a better option than having to use the mouse to switch tabs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correction: the answer by Samarth_Gupta is actually correct: I misread ctrl + tab for command + tab.

Ctrl + tab does work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2023 May 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And if you add the SHIFT key, it inverts the direction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2024 Feb 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi jvaladezc, by chance do you know the keyboard shortcut to toggle between the thumbnail pane aka pages panel and the document pane?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I meant cmd + ~ instead of tab + ~

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Window's 10, Acrobat Pro XI, you may also hover the mouse pointer over the group of opend PDFs and then use Ctrl. + Click to switch from one pdf to the other.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines