• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need separate Acrobat DC with my Acrobat Pro

New Here ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of my proofreading clients wants their proofreaders (me) to use Acrobat DC and NOT the Pro version. I have the Pro version as I have Creative Cloud etc. Is there a way I can download and install a separate Acrobat DC (NOT PRO) version to use for this client? I've tried and it just defaults to my Pro version. I cannot uninstall the Pro version as I use it for other clients. Thank you for your help.

Pat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try right-clicking on a PDF from the windows explorer, click to open Properties. In the Opens with section, click the Change button to select Acrobat DC to open ALL PDF's.  The trick will be if you want to open a PDF in Pro you will need to rightclick the document and click on "open with" to select the application.  Or you could simply use this method without changing the default program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply.
The problem is, the pro version is already on my computer so installing the
nonpro version isn't doable.

Alley / Pat Hauldren
alleypat@gmail.com

Pat Hauldren
Creative Director
EditAlley
alleypat@gmail.com
[image: photo]
<> <>
<> <>
<>
editalley@gmail.com
www.editalley.com
www.pathauldren.com
pathauldren@gmail.com
alley.pat <#SignatureSanitizer_>
<> Book a free online consultation
<>

"Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive." -
Elbert Hubbard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

maybe you could try running the app in a virtual environment.  But of course that would require you to obtain another OS license.  If it's a temporary assignment, you could try VirtualBox.org and download a copy of Windows 10 from Microsoft Virtual Machines - Microsoft Edge Developer keeping in mind the VM expires after 90 days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't understand why. As far as I know, if all you're doing is providing mark-up using commenting, it should work and save the same in both Acrobat Standard and Acrobat Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines