• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New Acrobat changes position of panes

Participant ,
Aug 22, 2023 Aug 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest version of Acrobat Pro flipped the placement of the Navigation and Tools panes. The Navigation pane is now on the right and vice versa.

I imagine this is disruptive for many users, if not all, as it messes with our mouse action habits, among other other reasons.

I cannot find a way to adjust the placement of the panes. Is there a way?
TOPICS
Modern Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Sep 07, 2023 Sep 07, 2023

Hi @KTdid.,

Hope you are doing well. 

We appreciate your valuable feedback! We're always looking for ways to improve Acrobat, and we appreciate the time and effort you have taken to share your thoughts with us.

We acknowledge that the new Acrobat represents a notable change; however, we hope that as you get familiar with the new interface, you can be more productive and get more out of Acrobat.

We are actively working on all the currently unavailable features, such as moving, hiding, or

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 22, 2023 Aug 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, @KTdid. the answer is "no" and Yes.

No, you cannot change the sides of where the Navigation and Tools Panes are located. They are locked into this "New Look."

However, if you go to the View menu To where it says "Disable New Acrobat," you see Acrobat as how it should look.

Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 23, 2023 Aug 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, @gary_sc. What a bummer. Hopefully, Adobe improves upon this and makes adjusting our panes customizable like they are in all other Adobe apps. I will have to use the legacy version until then. It would also be an incredible improvement if they would allow us to choose size settings for UI text like all other Adobe apps do as well. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 07, 2023 Sep 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @KTdid.,

Hope you are doing well. 

We appreciate your valuable feedback! We're always looking for ways to improve Acrobat, and we appreciate the time and effort you have taken to share your thoughts with us.

We acknowledge that the new Acrobat represents a notable change; however, we hope that as you get familiar with the new interface, you can be more productive and get more out of Acrobat.

We are actively working on all the currently unavailable features, such as moving, hiding, or re-sizing the floating/quick toolbar, and are being addressed with the highest priority.

If your critical workflows are impacted, you can switch to the old UI from the “Menu” on the top left corner of Windows and View Menu on MacOS.

We will follow up with a detailed community-featured post, guiding you to familiarise yourself with the new interface and regular updates on upcoming changes.

-Souvik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 02, 2023 Oct 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can tell you that a large number of my fellow PDF remediators are also not happy with the panel posistion changes. We've all opted to use the legacy version instead of using the new UI. I think it's critical that Adobe listen to their users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines