We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.
Just got Acrobat Pro DC after years of using Acrobat 9.
How do I change my identity (as it appears in commenting boxes), from Owner to Editor?
In the preferences of Acrobat.
That's not enough. There are two steps:
1. Go to Edit > Preferences > Commenting
Under "Making Comments" you must uncheck the box that says "Always use Log-in name for Author name."
2. Now enter a Comment on any pdf file (it will still have the unwanted identity), then Right-click on the title bar of the comment where the identity is. Then, from the right-click menu, choose Properties > General > Author.
Change the "Author" to the identity/label you want, then check the box: "Make Properties Default."
The identity will now permanently change to the desired identity.
Removed by author.
OMIGOD thank you so much. "That's not enough" is such an understatement for this issue! Thanks for taking the time and sharing the full steps :sparkles::sparkles::sparkles::trophy::trophy::trophy:
I have to right click and change the author name repeatedly to my own name. first it was showing AMOL and now (after i did the changes u told) it's showing ACER and not my name. I did press "Make Properties Default." but it still shows ACER. and i have to make the changes every single time i post a comment.
Great! This was driving me crazy. Thanks!
I followed each and every step you told but i have to repeatedly change the author's name to my name every time i post a comment. first it used to be AMOL and now (after you told the changes) it shows ACER instead of my name. and i did right clicked on a comment and change the author's name to my name and clicked "Make Properties Default." but it still shows ACER and not my name.
To change the identity/author for all NEW comments (ones that you haven't made yet):
1. Edit -> preferences -> commenting, and deselect "always use Login as author name"
2. Edit -> preferences -> identity, and add some other author name. Don't leave it blank, or it will revert to your Login. I use a colon or > .
Having acrobat set up with an author name like "::" is handy for me, because sometimes I want my name, and other times I need to be anonymous. I can switch from my Login name to :: just by selecting or deselcting the box in step 1.
To change the identity on all the comments you ALREADY MADE:
You need to select all the existing comments in the comment pane. (ctrl+A doesn't do this, likeit did in old versions of acrobat).
1. Click on the first comment in the pane so it's selected.
2. Scroll down to the end of the comment list, hold shift, and click on the last one. They should all be selected.
3. Then right-click on the top bar of any comment next to your name (or use the menu button to the right of your name),
4. Properties -> general tab --> Author: (and enter what you want).
If you want that new name to show up with each new comment you make, follow the first set of instructions. Selecting "make properties my default" doesn't seem to work consistently, as people are mentioning here.