• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Newb help needed

New Here ,
Mar 17, 2023 Mar 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have first written some docs in html and set different font size for particular places. I am converting different html docs to pdf, and then collecting the pdf docs to a binder. Yet when I convert those docs to .pdf using Adobe X Pro, sometimes it ignoring the stipulated font size (I am not using css), but some pages are displaying larger text than some other pages--and sometimes on the same page.

bold, italics, font color all convert np, but just one some pages the text is larger than in other places

Can someone tell me what is going on here?

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 17, 2023 Mar 17, 2023

That is not what I meant.

There are different export and import methods that can be done with Adobe Acrobat or in combination with printing to PDF directly from the HTML file displayed in a web browser or using Save As.

Each method may produce different results.

What I was going to suggest is to create a blank HTML document directly in your web browser and cut the "middleman" (whatever text editor you're using , for that matter).

This way you can edit the blank HTML file using the develo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @eljaydee 

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that.

Adobe Acrobat X is an old and EOL application It may or may not work with the latest Mac and Win OS.  Please make sure you have the application updated to its last version 10.1.16

For more info about EOL please check the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/end-of-support-acrobat-x-reader-x.html

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it is upto date to 10.1.16.
I am working on something important to me and it is to be filed with the
Human Rights Tribunal--so it just seems too... sloppy... considering. I
can't figure it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it is updated. 

I am working on something important to me, and to be filed in a formal venue, so the way it looks seems... sloppy.

I can't figure out what is what, and I know little about Adobe in any case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding to @Amal.'s always valuable guidance,

Please describe what you meant by written some documents in HTML.

Did you programmed the entire HTML page yourself?

Or did you mean to say that you are trying to print a web page to PDF?

Please clarify.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using a text editor and simple html e.g. <br><b><u><i><p><a>
<p style="font-family: Arial; font-size: 18px;"><a style="color:rgb(5, 80, 160); 

Then saving as an .html file. Open with a browser, it all display properly--but when I convert the file to .pdf, nearly everything displays properly except two things--font size, which sometimes will disply on all pages correctly, but sometime not, and sometimes different in the same one doc i.e. I write one doc about trucks, save as html and convert, and another file about rabbits etc. and after I am combining them as one .pdf file. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How a are you converting the HTML document to PDF?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

umm... in Adobe X Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is not what I meant.

There are different export and import methods that can be done with Adobe Acrobat or in combination with printing to PDF directly from the HTML file displayed in a web browser or using Save As.

Each method may produce different results.

What I was going to suggest is to create a blank HTML document directly in your web browser and cut the "middleman" (whatever text editor you're using , for that matter).

This way you can edit the blank HTML file using the developer console (F12 key) and you can edit HTML tags while seeing the result on real-time (but based on your reaction I assume this may be irrelevant to you since a newbie can't lead another newbie.. Right ?!? ).

Anyway, the point is that after you're done editing immediately print to PDF directly from the browser and then open it up with Acrobat.

Here is my example using a very simple tutorial from majorgeeks.com instead of using a Text Editor:

• type this line in the URL bar  =>  data: text/html, <html contenteditable>
  • A blank HTML web page will be created, you can start typing or copying and pasting whatever you want  in there
  • To edit open the devloper console
  • you may save the HTML file or print immediately

See slides below:

BLANK HTML PAGE DOCUMENT EDITED IN THE DEVELOPER CONSOLEBLANK HTML PAGE DOCUMENT EDITED IN THE DEVELOPER CONSOLE

PRINT HTML DOCUMENT USING ADOBE PDFPRINT HTML DOCUMENT USING ADOBE PDF

RESULT HTML TO PDF DOCUMENT OPENED IN ADOBE ACROBATRESULT HTML TO PDF DOCUMENT OPENED IN ADOBE ACROBAT

My questions and reasoning behind this method is because is simpler, you are alreader viewing on screen "what-you-see-is-what-you-get", tags are already auto-created, eliminating human error with so much typing, plus the ability to copy and paste rich text format strings from other browsing tabs (or programs) directly onto this blank HTML document (then focus on the actual HTML tags editing).

In addition, I would avoid using text editors such as Microsoft Notepad.

It may be possible to run into issues in which Unicode text encoding fail to map characters and their attributes correctly during text to HTML conversion to HTML to PDF conversion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2023 Mar 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very COOL!!

tyvm--never saw this before... Took me a bit to figure out how to get it to work, but prevailed in the end...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 18, 2023 Mar 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok great !!

You're very welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines