Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No Longer able to edit XFA Forms

New Here ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I used to be able to edit XFA forms on my Adobe Acrobat. I had 1 XFA Form as a template and have always used it. Now I receive the error message "This XFA form cannot be edited using Adobe Acrobat".

Recently, I have received the error message that I am unable to edit it anymore. I have tried logging in/logging out, restarting my computer, and redownloading the same XFA Form that I used to be able to edit.

What's strange is that other accounts within the same license are able to edit the XFA form, just my particular profile seems to have lost the ability to edit it.

Please help, thank you.

Dave

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No version of Acrobat could edit XFA forms. However, older versions did come with LiveCycle Designer, that could do it, but that's no longer the case. You know need to purchase it separately, and it has a different name, too: Adobe Experience Manager Forms. Nice, huh?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That old version of Acrobat Pro that shipped with LiveCycle Designer (LCD) was version 7.0 released in 2004 (17 years ago). LCD was included up through Acrobat Pro version 10 (2010).

That's very old software!

|    Bevi Chagnon   |  Designer & Technologist for Accessible Documents
|    Classes & Books for Accessible InDesign, PDFs & MS Office |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines