• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Not all users see checked comment checkboxes

Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our team of authors use the comments checkboxes in Acrobat Pro DC to mark a comment as completed. This has been a mainstay of our review procedure for a while now but all of a sudden we can't use the feature any more.

I can see the checked checkboxes that I make myself, but when I look at another person's work, all of the checkboxes are blank, no matter that they checked them themselves. This means that we are suddenly actioning comments twice or more, and being confused as to what has and has not been done.

One user cannot even see empty comment checkboxes in other authors' pdf outputs, even though the 'Show checkbox in comment note' option is switched on.

How can we fix this please, it is an integral part of our review process and I don't want to have to rework our process if at all possible.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are the all of your men use it Adobe Reader? 

non-Adobe readers is an evil.

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The whole team uses Adobe Pro DC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I meant, the whole team use Adobe Acrobat Pro DC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Give more info please about your workflow. Is this file stored on some shared network folder? Or this file stay somewhere in cloud service?

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The files are stored ona network server, and on a SharePoint site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you give some file example? I'm sure that me or some of forum users will check your example through their shared folder. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry I can't as the information is strictly proprietary. I'll try and make up a document using a lorum generator when I get a spare five minutes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do some non-confidential with bugged checkboxes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is an example file. Gazza has checked some of the boxes, these have 'checked' in the description. Some are unchecked, these have 'unchecked in the description.

Marky has left one checked and one unchecked. Neither of us can see the checked boxes of the other author.

Hope this helps solve it all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do save your file to shared folder in my network, do 2 comments, save, re-open. It all stores. 

Snag_17afa3f.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do I think about. This is a file on HDD, only one man can work with that file at one moment of a time. Are you try to work together? This is wrong workflow. 

https://www.adobe.com/acrobat/hub/how-to/how-to-collaborate-on-pdf - did you try this two methods?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We don't have any problem with comments, it's the checkboxes that go with the comments that we have the problem with. Can you see checked and unchecked checkboxes for Gazza and Marky in my original output?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mmmm. Your file doesn't contain checked comments. I will try now to add this checkmarks and open this file from another PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do confirm the bug!

On another PC checkboxes missed. 

You are need to open on acrobat.uservoice.com new thread with this bug. Show than link to your thread and I will add my voice. This is just one thing that we can do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do find a workaround for you. If you mark comment as completed than this checkbox is stored for another user. 

2022-03-31_17-14-45.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you George. Yes we know about the green checkboxes, but the blue checkboxes work much more quickly for us when working with hundereds of comments per document (up to 700 page docs at times).

There was a time not long ago when the blue checkboxes, when checked, were visible to any reader, which helped our workflow. Unfortunately, I'll have to prepare another review process, unless anyone else can help.

Again, thanks for your time George.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And here we too don't have shortcut, yes...

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/keyboard-shortcut-to-change-the-status-to-complet...

Sad, yep.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2022 Jun 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GazzaP

I am having the same issue. Have you found a solution to have other people view your blue checkmarks?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GazzaP have you found a solution for the blue checkmarks being seen by other people? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry no. Seems to be a 'feature' or bug that is concerning to very few people unfortunately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2023 Nov 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

notfew people, these latest versions don't support those featers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2023 Nov 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you can donload the old version, they also have paste in place option, and they check box are also visible in the older versions of acrobat, they new version don't even saves these check mark information as i have download an older version just for that but if the client have the latest version and then you open that in an old version, then also it does not work, you both need to have the older version. but there is a trick to use the 'set status' feature just mark all the comments with check mark and then just appy filter of just checked comments and select all and mark as  cancellled/accepted/denied etc.
We also work with 1000 comments and these latest version are not that trust worthy, with all the bugs and less fetures, you need to have both all the times

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines